“Fantastic Day”

Cape To Grape Wine Tours
Ranked #29 of 209 Food & Drink in Cape Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We specialize in bespoke/tailor made tours to meet our guests needs in order to enhance their travel experience. Cape to Grape Wine Tours was established in the beginning of 2011 by owner and guide Adriaan Vorster. As a native to the Breedekloof River Valley, Adriaan has had a passion for wine, vineyards and country living from an early age. Following his matriculation from Boland Agricultural School in 2003, he worked part-time in a wine cellar, gaining hands-on experience in winemaking. In 2006, he went abroad and taught English in Taiwan for 2 years after which he returned to South Africa and started working at Fairview Wine and Cheese Winery as a wine tasting host. Adriaan is very passionate about the wine industry and tourism, and expanded his knowledge by completing several wine and tourism courses, including All about South African Wines in 2010. Today, Cape to Grape Wine Tours offers intimate and affordable tours for everyone.
Reviewed 23 February 2018

What a great day! Best wine tasting day I have had. We visiting 4 farms plus we had lunch . There was a tasting with cheese, another with biltong, and the last with chocolate. The lunch was fantastic and the guide/driver (Adriaan) was great fun. Highly recommend!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
691adriaanv, Owner at Cape To Grape Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Hi sbellemore,
Thank you very much for your lovely review and excellent rating, it is appreciated. I am glad that you had a great day and thanks for recommending us in your review. I trust that you enjoyed the rest of your holiday in CApe Town and I wish you safe travels back home.
Thank you again !

"breathtaking scenery"
"booked this tour"
"friendly guide"
in 2 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"great trip"
"fairview"
"cape"
in 39 reviews

Reviewed 22 February 2018

An absolutely wonderful tour! Adriaan was a good laugh and took us to some great wineries. We would highly recommend going on this tour.

Hi Laura,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and thank you for the excellent rating, it is appreciated.
Hopefully you and Scott will be able to join me on one of my tours in the future again. I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Cape Town and I wish you both safe travels back to the UK.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Was my first time doing a wine tour, and what a great experience. Adriaan is a great tour guide.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
691adriaanv, Owner at Cape To Grape Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you so much Jéanine, it is appreciated. I am very glad that you and your Dad enjoyed the tour and had a great experience. It was a pleasure having you on the tour. Enjoy the rest of your holiday in Cape Town and I hope to welcome you back on one of our tours again in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to rate us and write your review.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

A truly memorable tour. Adrian was the perfect host who was knowledgeable in his subject and kept our party of four entertained throughout. A great mix of wine houses with a variety of foods made for a balanced day. Would thoroughly recommend.

691adriaanv, Owner at Cape To Grape Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Hello johnjo34 !
Thank you for your lovely review and excellent rating. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed the tour. It was a pleasure to welcome you on the tour. I hope that you enjoy the rest of your stay in South Africa and hopefully we can welcome you back again on a tour in the furture ! Thank you for taking the timme to complete your review, it is appreciated.
Adriaan Vorster

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

This review is long overdue! Our tour over the Christmas holiday was my favorite part of our honeymoon. Tour guide picked us up from our hotel on time and took us along with the rest of the group (soon to be our new friends) out to Paarl. First winery we stopped at may have been my favorite (great wines, cheap bottles for purchase and a cool buublewrap wine case to get it home on our flight). Tour guide helped teach us all how to see how much sugar, liquor, age, etc each wine had. Was informative and not the least bit pretentious. Rule of the trip was no spitting out the wine! Went on to another 4 wineries from there, doing a cheese tasting at the guides former winery employer, bitong tasting overlooking the stellenbosch scenery, lunch in a garden and chocolate tasting at what must have been a multi million dollar vineyard. Seriously loved the trip, got a nice fun buzz going and even found 1 of the bottles we tried at my local liquor store back home.

If you're going to cape town and thinking of doing some country, book with these guys!

691adriaanv, Owner at Cape To Grape Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Hi Matt,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and provide us with an excellent rating. It is appreciated.
I am glad that you and Kasey enjoyed yourselves and that I was able to share your honeymoon experience with you during your stay in Cape Town. I am thankful that you enjoyed yourselves on the tour.
Thank you for your kind compliments and I do hope to see you both again on one of our tours.
Safe travels and thank you again !
Adriaan Vorster