“Excellent Tour”

Cape Winelands Day Tour
Ranked #30 of 217 Food & Drink in Cape Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cape to Grape Wine Tours was established in the beginning of 2011 by owner and guide Adriaan Vorster. As a native to the Breedekloof River Valley, Adriaan has had a passion for wine, vineyards and country living from an early age. Our personal exclusive Cape Winelands Tour itinerary includes: * Pick up time 9:15 am at your accommodation in and around Cape Town city. Visiting: 3 different wine regions: (Durbanville, Paarl and Stellenbosch) 1. D'Aria Wine Estate - Educational Wine and Oyster tasting. 2. Fairview Wine Estate - Cheese and Wine Tasting incl: Cellar Tour 3. Mariaanne Wine Estate - Biltong and Wine Tasting 4. Le Pommier Wine Estate - Delicious SA Traditional Al la carte lunch. 5. Vrede en Lust Wine Estate - Chocolate and Wine Tasting * FULL DAY TOUR * All INCLUSIVE
Reviewed 5 February 2018

A truly memorable tour. Adrian was the perfect host who was knowledgeable in his subject and kept our party of four entertained throughout. A great mix of wine houses with a variety of foods made for a balanced day. Would thoroughly recommend.

691adriaanv, Owner at Cape To Grape Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Hello johnjo34 !
Thank you for your lovely review and excellent rating. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed the tour. It was a pleasure to welcome you on the tour. I hope that you enjoy the rest of your stay in South Africa and hopefully we can welcome you back again on a tour in the furture ! Thank you for taking the timme to complete your review, it is appreciated.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"blast"
"purchase"

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

This review is long overdue! Our tour over the Christmas holiday was my favorite part of our honeymoon. Tour guide picked us up from our hotel on time and took us along with the rest of the group (soon to be our new friends) out to Paarl. First winery we stopped at may have been my favorite (great wines, cheap bottles for purchase and a cool buublewrap wine case to get it home on our flight). Tour guide helped teach us all how to see how much sugar, liquor, age, etc each wine had. Was informative and not the least bit pretentious. Rule of the trip was no spitting out the wine! Went on to another 4 wineries from there, doing a cheese tasting at the guides former winery employer, bitong tasting overlooking the stellenbosch scenery, lunch in a garden and chocolate tasting at what must have been a multi million dollar vineyard. Seriously loved the trip, got a nice fun buzz going and even found 1 of the bottles we tried at my local liquor store back home.

If you're going to cape town and thinking of doing some country, book with these guys!

691adriaanv, Owner at Cape To Grape Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Hi Matt,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and provide us with an excellent rating. It is appreciated.
I am glad that you and Kasey enjoyed yourselves and that I was able to share your honeymoon experience with you during your stay in Cape Town. I am thankful that you enjoyed yourselves on the tour.
Thank you for your kind compliments and I do hope to see you both again on one of our tours.
Safe travels and thank you again !

Reviewed 10 January 2018

What a fabulous day spent visiting the best vineyards in the Cape. Adriaan was such an amazing and friendly tour guide, nothing was to much for him. He made us all feel so welcome and looked after us so well. His knowledge of the area and the wines was amazing. The lunch was lovely. I really recommend this to anyone living or coming on holiday to the Cape, when we come back to the Cape we will definitely go on another tour with Adriaan. Thanks Kim

691adriaanv, Owner at Cape To Grape Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear Kim,
Thank you for your lovely review and excellent rating, it is appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to complete your review especially considering the fact that you are still on holiday ! It was my pleasure to welcome you and your group on the tour. I thoroughly enjoyed myself too ! I would also like to welcome you back on one of my tours when you next visit South Africa again. Enjoy the rest of your stay in Cape Town and have a lovely holiday.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

It was unforgettable ! We loved it !
Adrian is a great tour guide, we enjoy it very much, very Profeshinal and friendly
thank you !!!
we will be back soon.

691adriaanv, Owner at Cape To Grape Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear Iman,
Thank you so much for your lovely review and fantastic rating, it is appreciated.
I am very glad that you loved the tours as you did both the Hermanus Whale Route Wine Tour and the Cape Winelands Tour ! It was lovely having you on the tours.
I would really look forward to having you join one of our tours again when you are next in Cape Town. Kind greetings to you both,