“True South African Hospitality”

Cape To Grape Wine Tours
Ranked #29 of 212 Food & Drink in Cape Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We specialize in bespoke/tailor made tours to meet our guests needs in order to enhance their travel experience. Cape to Grape Wine Tours was established in the beginning of 2011 by owner and guide Adriaan Vorster. As a native to the Breedekloof River Valley, Adriaan has had a passion for wine, vineyards and country living from an early age. Following his matriculation from Boland Agricultural School in 2003, he worked part-time in a wine cellar, gaining hands-on experience in winemaking. In 2006, he went abroad and taught English in Taiwan for 2 years after which he returned to South Africa and started working at Fairview Wine and Cheese Winery as a wine tasting host. Adriaan is very passionate about the wine industry and tourism, and expanded his knowledge by completing several wine and tourism courses, including All about South African Wines in 2010. Today, Cape to Grape Wine Tours offers intimate and affordable tours for everyone.
Reviewed 10 January 2018

What a fabulous day spent visiting the best vineyards in the Cape. Adriaan was such an amazing and friendly tour guide, nothing was to much for him. He made us all feel so welcome and looked after us so well. His knowledge of the area and the wines was amazing. The lunch was lovely. I really recommend this to anyone living or coming on holiday to the Cape, when we come back to the Cape we will definitely go on another tour with Adriaan. Thanks Kim

691adriaanv, Owner at Cape To Grape Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear Kim,
Thank you for your lovely review and excellent rating, it is appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to complete your review especially considering the fact that you are still on holiday ! It was my pleasure to welcome you and your group on the tour. I thoroughly enjoyed myself too ! I would also like to welcome you back on one of my tours when you next visit South Africa again. Enjoy the rest of your stay in Cape Town and have a lovely holiday.

All reviews
"breathtaking scenery"
"booked this tour"
"friendly guide"
in 2 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
"great trip"
"fairview"
"cape"
in 39 reviews

Reviewed 9 January 2018

It was unforgettable ! We loved it !
Adrian is a great tour guide, we enjoy it very much, very Profeshinal and friendly
thank you !!!
we will be back soon.

691adriaanv, Owner at Cape To Grape Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear Iman,
Thank you so much for your lovely review and fantastic rating, it is appreciated.
I am very glad that you loved the tours as you did both the Hermanus Whale Route Wine Tour and the Cape Winelands Tour ! It was lovely having you on the tours.
I would really look forward to having you join one of our tours again when you are next in Cape Town. Kind greetings to you both,

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Adrian is the best.....wine tasting was amazing. I loved the experience, thanks to our fun tour guide from grape to wine.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
691adriaanv, Owner at Cape To Grape Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear Hilde,
Thank you so much for your lovely review and 5* rating. It is very much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. It means so much.
I appreciate it when our guests take the time to complete a review.
It was lovely having your group on the tour and it would be really great to welcome you again on one of our tours again. Thank you !
Adriaan vorster

Reviewed 27 December 2017

Adrien from Cape to Grape Wine Tours show us the most special places on our coastal tour. With his personality he lead us through the whole day. We have a very good feeling at the end and are sure we book again by the next step to South Africa. Thank you, Adrien

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
691adriaanv, Owner at Cape To Grape Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Dear Philipp and Vreni,
Thank you very much for your kind review and great rating, it is appreciated. I am so glad that you noth enjoyed the day and indeed I look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future on one of my tours. All the best for 2018 !

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 December 2017

Adrian was such a great tour guide. We saw so much and learned a lot about the area and how wine is made. The tour took us through multiple areas in wine country. Our entire group had so much fun!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
691adriaanv, Owner at Cape To Grape Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dear lawrence_anne1,
Thank you very much for your kind review and great rating ! I am so glad that your group enjoyed the tour and I wish to thank all of you for choosing Cape To Grape Wine Tours as your preferred Tour Operator. I would like to extend Seasons Greetings to you and your family and do hope that should you visit South Africa again, that you join one of my tours.
Adriaan