Open today: 06:00 - 20:00
Book In Advance
Tours from Atlantic Outlook tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from US$24,85
from US$37,63
from US$126,38
More Info
All reviews saw dolphins amazing morning morning tour sunset tour lions head and table mountain fun morning pod of dolphins sun fish paddling experience baby dolphin an amazing experience tour guides are view of cape town signal hill canoe activity wildlife
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’m proud to say that we gave our friend the best birthday gift ever! She wanted an experience- and boy did she get one! We arranged to go Kayaking outside of Greenpoint with Atlantic Outlook. The first day was too windy to set off, so we rescheduled on a day that they recommended, and I’m so glad that we did! The ocean was so calm, the water surprisingly warm for the Atlantic Ocean, and there was activity everywhere! Almost as soon as we set off, with table mountain in the background, we saw dolphins! I was so amazed at how happy they were to be around us, as they played in front of our kayaks much closer to us than I had anticipated! In the distance there was a whale, every now and then waving at us with his tail! We saw something called a sun fish, which I’d never heard of before, but it is the biggest bone fish and it was chilling with its gin above the water. Apparently it’s quite a common sighting on the trip. Suddenly there was increased excitement (I thought I was already in my element)! Jordan called for us to paddle faster out towards the ocean- there was a feeding frenzy of dolphins! We were able to get into the centre of it, with the dolphins churning the water around us, diving between our kayaks and the seagulls flying enthusiastically above our heads! It was the most incredible experience of my life! Sasha was calling with glee from her canoe how this was the best birthday present ever! When we neared the end of the trip and were almost at the docking station, we were allowed to jump out of our canoes and swim. Here we were joined by more dolphins! What a way to start a Thursday, it left me feeling incredibly blessed to live in a city where I could do all of this before a normal work day.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed 12 February 2019 via mobile

Saw nothing through the whole time. Disappointing The staff are friendly enough and everything is well organized though.

Date of experience: February 2019
Atlantic O, Director of Operations at Atlantic Outlook, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi Gideon. Thank you for your review and kind words. We did see dolphins on your 7am morning tour, we apologise that you weren't able to spot them aswell!
We are extremely lucky to have sightings most mornings. However, we don't guarantee dolphins sightings as they are wild animals and they roam free
Hopefully see you in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 January 2019 via mobile

Our morning tour with the Atlantic Outlook Team was absolutely awesome. We had the most wonderful view of the table mountain from the waterfront. During the tour we saw a lot of dolphines, seals and some pinguines. Thank you for the great kayak trip.

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank stefan_lengyel
Atlantic O, Director of Operations at Atlantic Outlook, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2019

Thank you for this remarkable review of the Atlantic Outlook experience Stefan!
We thoroughly enjoyed hosting you on our morning wildlife tour, it was a beautiful experience on the Atlantic ocean.
Keep well and kind regards,

Reviewed 24 December 2018 via mobile

Ok so today we had an experience that I will never forget, we knew we had a good chance of seeing some dolphins and we did but we also saw a pack of 3 whales really close to us one of which was a baby and it was such a surreal experience, watching these dinosaurs breach the water meters away and blow out so close to us has been incredible! I will never forget the moment we all shared on the water today.

Jordan was super friendly and helpful and his passion for nature and the outdoors really does rub off onto you he is an amazing guy who clearly loves the wildlife.

Not only were we lucky enough to see a baby whale and two large (massive) ones but we also saw a baby dolphin with his mother along with some super cute penguins.

The views when you are on the water are simply breath taking so if you are in Cape town your would be a fool to not take this tour of a lifetime.

Thanks to everyone at Atlantic outlook for such a great day

Date of experience: December 2018
3  Thank Huskylittle

'Experience that I will never forget' - This makes us so happy!
Thank you for your beautiful review, we love that you took in the experience and created memories for a lifetime!
See you next time you in Cape Town.
Keep well and kind regards,

Reviewed 11 December 2018 via mobile

I've always loved the ocean, and to get involved in an activity so up close and personal was a great experience that I will never forget. From the kayaking - to the killer guides. You guys got a good thing going here and will definitely see you all again! Untill next time!

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank Janaprets

Jana, we cannot wait to take you out again!
Thank you for your refreshing review.
See you next time you in Cape Town!
Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 November 2018 via mobile

We had a great morning trip with Jordan and the crew. The trip included mist, son, dolphins and penguins. I highly recommend Atlantic Outlook for anyone wanting to chill and see some wildlife in the ocean!

Date of experience: November 2018

Thank you for this descriptive review Jason!
What a beautiful morning we shared on the water...
Keep well and hopefully see you in the near future,