“Very good seafood dishes”
Review of Hooked

Hooked
Ranked #1 166 of 2 837 Restaurants in Cape Town
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Description: Hooked was developed by partners Eric Pike and Peter Schafer with the idea to offer the local market with a family-style seafood restaurant that not only falls well within the value for money category but that also serves delicious dishes that'll keep them coming back for more.By opening the restaurant in Shop 547, Tyger Valley Shopping Centre - once occupied by Ocean Basket - Hooked will retain e
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Very good seafood dishes, high quality and great taste, nice bread rolls and chilli sauce, love sauce with the muscles.

1  Thank Augi d

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Well, well....well!! Very friendly welcome at arrival. We decided on a light lunch and went for the hake & chips. I honestly did not expect much (a piece of hake, a few chips and some rice) and what a surprise!

Portion was way bigger than expected and everything was just PERRRRRFECT!

Only negatives:
I'm not a fan of the menu itself and it looks bad to correct information with a permanent marker on the menu?! (Under the prawn) felt like it spoiled your look....

And the cutlery. China Town??

Never the less....I saw people next to me having a seafood platter! Damn!! Guess what I'll be ordering next time....

1  Thank Neels K
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

I ordered the fish and chips with extra onion rings on the side. Onion rings were noce and crispy and gone in s flash. Fish was also nice and fresh. I feel that the thick cut chips were a bit under cooked, so I will not choose it as a side again. Service was good. Overall not a bad experience. Will visit again if I feel like having fish.

1  Thank Hannelize L
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

So this was an unplanned visit the previous weekend for dinner but boy were we pleasantly surprised! Our waiter was attentive & overall very good and our orders were spot on. The starter roll given to us, was warm & very fresh & extremely delicious! We had a seafood platter, fried hake, tried the fries, rice, onion rings as well as sushi. Everything was great, fries not my favorite. I do however feel the meal was great value for money & we'll definitely be back!

1  Thank Tasada
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

Great dinner. Awesome service. Definitely better than Ocean Basket. Will most certainly return for another meal. Manager - Eugene took really good care of us.