“Wonderful selection of food at great prices, especially on weekends.”
Review of Mojo Market

Mojo Market
Ranked #242 of 2 904 Restaurants in Cape Town
Description: MOJO MARKET With something for everyone, Mojo Market is an exciting 7-day-a-week food and lifestyle market situated in the heart of Sea Point. A great place to meet old friends and make some new ones too. MOJO IS ALL ABOUT EXPERIENCES: LIVE MUSIC, SPORT, FOOD, RETAIL AND THE WIDEST SELECTION OF BEVERAGES ON TAP IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE TAP'D Now open! South Africa's largest beer on tap bar found at the Mojo Market. With 100 taps to choose from, you'll have options for days! You can also try different brews with our R50 tasting trays. Come check it out! Only in the #HeartOfSeaPoint. OPENING HOURS Open 7 days a week from 08:00 - 23:00 30 Regent Rd, Sea Point
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Stumbled upon this place when we were out hunting for lunch and ended up coming back again for dinner on a separate night.

Wide selection of cuisine (with strong emphasis on local African cuisine) but also has Thai, Italian, Seafood, Chinese etc .

Nice vibes with live-band on weekends. Inexpensive for dining out.

1  Thank Chua_HC

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Mojo market is a great addition to Sea Point. There are tons of food stall and craft vendor options to choose from. They feature music on some evenings and are open late, so it's a nice spot to grab a drink and a light bite with friends.

At the time of writing, the market had only been open a few months. It seems like they are still finding their feet with the mix of vendors, music volume, etc., but I've noticed improvement with each visit. It's off to a good start, and Mojo has loads of potential, so I'm excited about this new addition to the neighborhood.

1  Thank Julia M
Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Have been a number of times and always had great meals. There is a wide selection of different cuisines, from Argentinian to Swiss, from soup to toasted sarmies, from oysters to pizza, from biltong (South African dried meat) to ice cream. Live music Friday to Sunday, have loved the musicians, jazzy, funky and beautiful views and sunsets from the eating booths. One street back from the promenade, open 0900 to 2100 you can get breakfast lunch and supper seven days a week. Gets busy on weekends and has a great atmosphere, only thing that stops me going more often is the pricing, it's not cheap! Especially for people who earn funny money, the South African Rand!

Reviewed 5 June 2017

My first visit to Mojo Market Sea Point was on 31 May – during my lunchtime as I work close by and a friend and I made our way there. I liked it so much, I returned on Sunday 4 June with some family members. What a disappointment on so many levels. It was crowded, noisy and the live music was simply too loud for such a (relatively) small venue. We arrived around lunchtime so the "crowdedness" and human noise level meant business was going well; I cannot hold this against the institution – it is therefore my dysfunction. But surely the (too loud) live music can be toned down. It is most annoying when one has to speak in a raised voice across the table.
We had to wait in lines at almost all the food stalls we visited. Again, a good sign of good business. I liked the idea that you pay at one point and collect at another; well-planned and organised. I didn’t like the absence of card machines at most stalls.
I also did not like the exorbitant prices at most food stalls – I paid R135 for a lamb shawarma! One hundred and thirty five rand! Almost unthinkable but true. Admittedly, a fair-sized shawarma; I asked for it to be cut in half – it was big enough for two people. A suggestion would be to make the shawarma smaller and bring the price down. Down the road in Sea Point I can pick up a delicious, wholesome shawarma at an eatery that’s been in existence for a long, long time for much less.

We could not find seating downstairs and had to go upstairs. Upstairs felt like ‘the attic’ or the naughty corner. The tables were untidy with chairs everywhere and we could only sit down once we’d dragged chairs across the floor to the table. Upstairs on the road side is dark, sad-looking and just unfriendly.
On my first visit I spotted some pretty-looking ‘half-waist’ ponchos for R200 and thought, ‘bargain!’ Four days later, the same ponchos were now selling at R250 a piece! Come ON!
Will I visit Mojo Market Sea Point again? Perhaps on a weekday when it is quieter but not again on a weekend.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Cool market. They sell nice bags, jewelry, clothing etc.

Nice seating area with a bar. Lively outing for a Sunday.

A lot of food options for meat eaters.
Being vegan, options are very limited. Beetbox has healthy options and probably the only vegan option. They make a variety of smoothies. And can also buy fresh produce.
Can possibly take a Poke Bowl without any fish. And falafel perhaps...?
The portions are also big from what I've seen.

Desserts: lots of cakes and ice cream and chocolates.

Go with the intention to eat.