“Amazing sushi and service”
Review of Ben Wei

Ben Wei
Ranked #773 of 2 663 Restaurants in Cape Town
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We went on Friday night, it was quiet but we were received by a very friendly blonde lady. We ordered a Ben sushi platter which was amazing, every piece made really well and tasted great. Definitely going back.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We stumbled across this restaurant. I was blown away! Service is top notch, food is just incredible and the vibe is amazing, with the smell of incense, warm lights, great music playlist and atmosphere and reasonably priced!! Thank you Ben Wei!

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

The service was very fast.
Music a tad loud, but not overly so.
I ordered the KWV merlot, but received the Laborie 2016 merlot, still a delightful wine, but then most South African wine is.
I have the crispy fried wonton, wow, super tasty, has a bite (as advertised) but super delicious.
Ordered the Ben sushi platter
Delicious and the portion sizes were perfect.
For dessert we had the deep fried ice cream.
Over all dinner was superb. A very relaxed dinner atmosphere.
We went on a Thursday at 6ish.

1  Thank Tim M
Reviewed 30 April 2017

After my daughter raved about this restaurant's delicious non-Sushi items, we visited this new restaurant on a Saturday night. On arrival, the venue is very inhospitable. The landlord is obviously very frugal as there are very few lights kept on in this very dark centre. In the darkness we could just see a few of the empty restaurants with a few tables occupied in Ben Wei. This seems like taking "atmosphere" to the limit, but it is obviously the result of a very stingy building owner trying to save money, even if it means the restaurants go out of business!

I made the mistake of ordering a platter of Garden Sushi. The Callifornia rolls were the smallest I have ever seen and the food was anything but filling. My wife was more successful, ordering the beef in oyster sauce, which she pronounced excellent.

Our young waiter was keen but obviously very new and not well trained. I asked about another sushi platter - which he explained - and then decided on the Garden sushi platter - only to have both platters arrive from the kitchen! The waiter also forgot to bring Soya sauce to the table and I had to retrieve this from another table.

So what a disappointment! My daughter hardly ever raves about a restaurant, although she warned us to ask for the curry not to be too strong. So it was a real let down for me, but my wife wouldn't mind going back. However, I would avoid the Sushi if we ever do (not very likely).

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

It was our second visit to Ben Wei.

We had the miso soup. I'm comparing it to miso soup I had in Japan whilst living there, it is still good, but not as good...
I ordered the Green Thai Curry with vegetables which was amazing. So well balances.
My brother had the Red Thai Curry with beef. He also said it was superb.

The staff is friendly. The service was quick. Prices are very reasonable. Will be back!

1  Thank Liani G