“Best dining experience in Cape Town!!”

Chef’s Warehouse at Beau Constantia
Ranked #3 of 2 697 Restaurants in Cape Town
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We have been dining out in Cape Town daily since we arrived a week ago and our dinner at Chef’s Warehouse has been the best meal we have had. The restaurant has the most panoramic views of the city and the service was outstanding! The food is creative, beautifully plated with delicate, interesting touches. The wine complimented the meal perfectly!

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

What is not to like - 9 tapas type dishes for sharing between two diners delivered in groups and beautifully balanced. The dishes were inventive and complex, beautiful ingredients and all tasty and sophisticated. The room is relaxed with a wonderful view, and the service was charming and efficient. All in all a wonderful day out!

1  Thank iloveitaly50
Reviewed 6 March 2018

This has to be one of the best restaurants in Cape Town. Fantastic array of flavours and textures accompanied by excellent wine and service.I can highly recommend an evening here.

1  Thank liebc2016
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I am a constant foodie and lover of all the Chef's Warehouses in Cape Town, with #Chef_Liam_Tomlin at the helm. My experience at CW BC has always been amazing and regretfully I remain disappointed by Saturday's meal.

Chef Ivor, unfortunately, you missed the mark on the majority of the dishes, leaving us underwhelmed and cheated out of pocket (the incredible view of the vineyards and the pretty plating cannot compensate for the lack of flavors)...My critique as follows:

The oyster garnish overpowered the taste of the actual shellfish.
The Vietnamese rice paper roll had no business being on that plate - I can make a more authentic one - and a tastier one too. There was nothing exciting about it, or fresh about it - it lacked herbs and crunch and was just some cucumber and vermicelli wrapped up with a satay/peanut dipping sauce to inspire it - the kimchi stole the stage (and starred on another dish again later....?)
The tempura mushrooms were soggy, and the addition of the fried rice paper did not compensate for that particular lack of tempura texture and lightness. I remember the sauce was delightful.
The tuna and kale dish was good - and something I expected from you. The baba ganoush had subtle smokey flavours - yum!
The ceviche bored me and was overpowered by the red peppers - I'd had loved a fresher lightness to it.
The risotto was a dish of the day, but as with other CW's, tends to hit the palate at a colder temperature (not warmed up enough). I suggest you inform dinners to eat this dish first.
The polenta substitute for the lamb dish was a brave attempt and had some success - it lacked a sauce I think (the lamb dish failed to amaze the carnivores at our table too)
I was told the pork belly was good.
The hake tacos were highly praised and very delicious - extra lime was needed and requested.
As always the cassis creme dessert and coffee were stellar.

Maison 1 Beau Constantia 0
Thali is booked for this weekend.

3  Thank inxvdh
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Friendly staff, great food, a stunning location and excellent value. If you are in the area, don't miss this restaurant - and if you can get there before sundown so much the better.