“Outstanding food”

Chef’s Warehouse at Beau Constantia
Ranked #3 of 2 696 Restaurants in Cape Town
Reviewed 6 March 2018

This has to be one of the best restaurants in Cape Town. Fantastic array of flavours and textures accompanied by excellent wine and service.I can highly recommend an evening here.

1  Thank liebc2016

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I am a constant foodie and lover of all the Chef's Warehouses in Cape Town, with #Chef_Liam_Tomlin at the helm. My experience at CW BC has always been amazing and regretfully I remain disappointed by Saturday's meal.

Chef Ivor, unfortunately, you missed the mark on the majority of the dishes, leaving us underwhelmed and cheated out of pocket (the incredible view of the vineyards and the pretty plating cannot compensate for the lack of flavors)...My critique as follows:

The oyster garnish overpowered the taste of the actual shellfish.
The Vietnamese rice paper roll had no business being on that plate - I can make a more authentic one - and a tastier one too. There was nothing exciting about it, or fresh about it - it lacked herbs and crunch and was just some cucumber and vermicelli wrapped up with a satay/peanut dipping sauce to inspire it - the kimchi stole the stage (and starred on another dish again later....?)
The tempura mushrooms were soggy, and the addition of the fried rice paper did not compensate for that particular lack of tempura texture and lightness. I remember the sauce was delightful.
The tuna and kale dish was good - and something I expected from you. The baba ganoush had subtle smokey flavours - yum!
The ceviche bored me and was overpowered by the red peppers - I'd had loved a fresher lightness to it.
The risotto was a dish of the day, but as with other CW's, tends to hit the palate at a colder temperature (not warmed up enough). I suggest you inform dinners to eat this dish first.
The polenta substitute for the lamb dish was a brave attempt and had some success - it lacked a sauce I think (the lamb dish failed to amaze the carnivores at our table too)
I was told the pork belly was good.
The hake tacos were highly praised and very delicious - extra lime was needed and requested.
As always the cassis creme dessert and coffee were stellar.

Maison 1 Beau Constantia 0
Thali is booked for this weekend.

3  Thank inxvdh
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Friendly staff, great food, a stunning location and excellent value. If you are in the area, don't miss this restaurant - and if you can get there before sundown so much the better.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We'd been to Chefs warehouse on Bree street in the city, so experienced the set menu tapas concept of the food before. We had some delightful tasters all presented beautifully, nicely paced over 3 courses, all explained really well when they come out so you don't need to read the menu in advance - it's nice to be surprised! We also had some bread and oysters (which my husband loved) to start and shared some desserts too - we thought the chef Ivor's signature honeycomb creme brûlée was amazing.

The cherry on top of the cake is the gorgeous setting in the wine estate, with the restaurant seating in front of the most amazing views with the mountains in the background, we could have sat there all day! Absolutely gorgeous lunch, excellent service and staff, relaxed atmosphere. Really great to be able to see the open kitchen too.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

This is a place you need to book in advance we were not able to get into the main restaurant but were very pleased with the upstairs which had even better views of the bay and expanse of vineyards. The Tapas for two were R700 and covered 9 different plates served in sets of three. The waiter Luke was entertaining and explained each dish in turn. The food was amazing my two favourite dishes were the mushrooms and springbok. The wine was good value we had the house Pas De Nom white R180, total bill with beers was R1982