“Accidental gem!”
Review of MAReSOL

MAReSOL
Ranked #1 555 of 2 663 Restaurants in Cape Town
Price range: US$8 - US$59
Description: MAReSOL, the exciting new addition to the V&A Waterfront is a friendly yet sophisticated 200 seater Portuguese restaurant. MAReSOL boasts breath-taking harbour and mountain views and is unmistakably a fine dining experience in every respect from the service to the food quality and presentation.
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

My mother & I were looking for a restaurant we could have a light lunch at and came across Maresol.

It was a beautiful spring day and we were easily accommodated outside on the decking area.

Caroline, our waitress was friendly, helpful and was welcoming. In the end we decided against a simple salad...

Mum had the catch of the day (as recommended by Caroline)... kingklip... she loved it!! I had the Espanata (probably misspelt - apologies), basically a Portuguese kebab... delicious!!! I'm not a kebab lover, but would recommend it/order again.

A chilled lunch in great surroundings, especially if you enjoy people watching!!

Www spoke to the manager - I think his name was Deon, to let him know how much we had appreciated Caroline!

Would visit again!!

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Experienced a wonderful spring day lunch at this venue.

Great position at the waterfront and not overcrowded , so service was good.

From my experience of Portuguese restaurants is that although the food was good , not great , I found that the portions served are small relative to what I normally experience at most other Portuguese restaurants who generally offer very generous portions.

Bring that family Portuguese , generous portion meals to this venue and it could be a winner.

Currently not for the hungry and those who enjoy generous portion.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

This is the email I sent to the restaurant on Monday morning. By Friday evening I had still not had a response.
"Unfortunately I am emailing to bring your attention to the truly dreadful meal we had yesterday at your restaurant. I have eaten here on a number of occasions and always enjoyed my food, the atmosphere and the spectacular view.
The service yesterday was good. Marshall was our waiter and he was attentive, friendly and helpful – no problems there.
Our food was totally unacceptable but as we had a guest we did not want to spoil the afternoon by complaining. I will list below our complaints:

Salad: lettuce was limp and wet. Tomatoes were old. Sliced onion was soft and old.

Rice: dry and almost as though it had been left out on a counter for hours.

Sole: Small and dry and the lemon butter sauce was thick and congealed.

Chicken Prego: chicken was dry and tasteless. Lettuce and tomato limp and old. Absolutely no delicious prego sauce as expected.

Beef espatada ?(on the skewer): absolutely tasteless. No juices dripping down. Skewered peppers etc raw and hard.

Fries: soft and cold

The only thing we enjoyed and filled up on were the Portuguese rolls although we felt a different option of dipping sauce should be on offer as the one in the bottle is far too hot for most people.

We noticed that there were far fewer people in the restaurant than usual – not a good sign either as it spoils the ambience to have an empty shell of a restaurant.
We also took note that the stairs leading up to the top area which is our favourite place to sit, are really extremely dirty and need a good deep clean – also not good for the image of the place.

I would be grateful for your feedback."

1  Thank 122debbie
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

As restaurant was quite new we wanted to experience the cuisine. The location is great and the staff was friendly and well trained . The food was great and we will return to experience some of the other dishes on the menu.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

You better off googling a Portuguese dish and making it at home, overpriced meat overdone with basting sauce ( not Portuguese at all) baby chicken had no taste had it not been for the peri peri that it was smothered in.
Chicken Pregos with one day old rolls at R99 and pick n pay rolls are not Portuguese BTW.
Rather do a nandos as that's more Portuguese than this establishment.wont be nack

1  Thank Mario S