“Lovely and pleaseant day. Could not have asked for more!”

Ocean Image Boat Rentals
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ocean Image Boat Rentals is the first company that offers clients (with valid skipper’s tickets/licences) the opportunity to hire boats (inflatables, semi-rigid rubberducks, etc.) in the same manner as renting a vehicle. If our clients have a valid license to operate a boat, then they have the freedom to experience the surrounding Cape Town oceans in their own time and at their own leisure.
Reviewed 8 February 2018

We hired the large 10-seater inflatable with two motors. From start to finish the experience was fantastic.
They offload the boat themselves, showed us how it works and even took us on a 'test sail' to show us how the boat works. They were friendly and professional.
The vessel was clean, new and had an awesome motor. It could fit all 10 of us comfortabley. The only downside is that there's no cover so we really felt the heat all day!

Highly recommend it. Fun for the whole family.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"cruise"
"waterfront"

Reviewed 23 November 2017

I booked a boat tour with my friends and it was an amazing day!
The weather was perfect, unfortunately we haven't seen whales but we have seen dolphins and seals.
Nick was a great skipper. Hopefully we will see you again for an other boat trip.

Floor Geelen

JonathanKeet, Owner at Ocean Image Boat Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Hi Floor.
Thank you for joining us. We appreciate your custom and thank you for your review. We do our best to satisfy all our boating enthusiasts needs!

It was a pleasure to have you onboard and we hope to see you all soon again.
Safe travels, and enjoy your trip in SA.

Regards,
Nick & Jonathan

Reviewed 2 October 2017

I hired Boat Bravo and took my family for a run to Clifton and back, we had a fantastic morning on the water. Saw plenty of seals, sea birds and other marine life.

Nick provided a level of service and professionalism that is very rare indeed in South Africa, Ocean Image truly is a world class setup!

The equipment is in excellent condition and the brand new 4 stroke Yamaha motor was a revelation, quiet, powerful and so economical I could hardly believe it.

I will certainly be back to rent again, I cannot recommend Ocean Image highly enough.

1  Thank Evan P
Reviewed 19 September 2017

I have a skippers license so opted to rent boat Bravo from Ocean Image on Sunday to take my Girlfriend for a cruise, what a great day we had!
From first contact with Nick everything was professional and hassle free. They launched the boat so when we arrived at OPBC all we did was sign some paperwork, jump on the boat and off we went. Weather was perfect and we had a lovely day. The boat and all equipment is in great condition and it took us safely to Hout Bay for lunch at The Lookout Deck before returning to OPBC where Nick was waiting to take the boat out the water.
It was a pleasure dealing with Ocean Image and I recommend then to anyone looking for a bit of adventure. I'll be back for sure!

1  Thank Adri B