US$35
US$321
TripAdvisor
US$64
US$106
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewshacienda puerta del cielomasaya volcanoother guestsactive volcanothe ownercloud foresttour guidezip liningoutdoor showerhoneymoon suiteevery mealbeautiful countryeco lodgeoff the beaten pathdirt roadone of a kindnatural beauty
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Our family of four stayed at Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo for 3 nights over the March Break. From our first engagement with Linda we were treated professionally and her advice and instructions for our flight and transfer to the hotel were perfect. The setting is spectacular and photos don't do it justice. Where else can you wake up and have a view of the moon, a lake and an active volcano smouldering on the horizon.
We had our two boys aged 12 and 14 with us and our hosts treated us incredibly well. Adrian, Oscar, Ruth, Eric and Jason were tremendous and made us feel at home from the moment we arrived Adrian and Eric were fantastic tour guides and we were thrilled to visit the volcano, a local bird sanctuary and the local market. Jason is a great chef and the food was excellent.

We would highly recommend this resort and appreciated the hard work the staff put in to make us feel so welcome in their country. Linda has a great team and a beautiful resort.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Russ N
Reviewed 29 June 2017

The hotel, the view, the service, absolutely everything is undervalued. The pictures alone DO NOT give it justice. Just getting to the hotel is a sight for sore eyes. The service is impeccable. I would like to personally thank Katherine, Oscar, Adrian, and Ruth for making my stay at the hotel one of the most memorable experiences in my life. They are a very attentive staff that want to make sure you have every need attended to. The hotel, the architecture alone is brilliant. The view is what makes everything worth while about your trip to Nicaragua. At night the Volcan Masaya is your night light. For what its worth, the rates are a bargain for what this paradise has to offer. It really is Nicaragua's hidden gem.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Daniela J
Reviewed 21 June 2017

I have to say my trip to Nicaragua was a wonderful experience. I stayed seven nights at Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo in Masatepe. They really took care of us (my daughter and me), we did not have to worry about anything (airport transfers, tours, the food was AMAZINGGGGG including desserts). If you are looking for a place to relax and meditate, this is the place. The spectacular views specially at night time when you can watch the smoke from the active volcano (Volcan Masaya), this was a unique experience. Great service, great staff, great food.

Room Tip: Any room is good for the spectacular views
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

From the moment we arrived my wife and I were instantly impressed by the sheer scope and natural beauty. Truly breathtaking vistas of the surrounding volcanoes and lagoon. We were well taken care of by the amazing and attentive staff. Oscar, Adrian, Katherine, Eric and Ruth (our talented Chef) were very accommodating to our needs and the meals (mostly nicaraguan) were delicious. Highly recommended the "volcan" at the bar. We were also lucky to meet J.C (owner) during our stay as he had tons of stories, excursion recommendations and went out of his way to make us feel at home. Also would like to thank Linda for prepping us for our adventures and relaxing spa treatment. My wife and I can't wait to come back to this paradise.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2017

My boyfriend and I had the pleasure of staying at Hacienda Puerta del Cielo for four days. The day we left the Hacienda was a very sad day, because we absolutely LOVED our stay and cannot wait to return.

I’m all about great service and this place totally delivers. The minute I booked our stay Linda was incredibly responsive and provided tons of information not only about the Hacienda but also about the location, what to pack and detailed information about the airport procedures. Thanks to her we were completely prepared for our trip.

The day we arrived in Managua, Adrian was promptly waiting for us at the airport and we hit it off immediately. He was so friendly and incredibly knowledgeable. Before arriving at the Hacienda we stopped at a beautiful restaurant in the town of Catarina called Mi Viejo Ranchito. After lunch we continued our journey to the Hacienda, which is located in the colorful town of Masatepe. The minute we arrived at the Hacienda we were blown away by the gorgeous lake and mountain views. Oscar prepared delicious welcome drinks for us, the Macua, made with fresh fruit. Our casita was awesome, designed to perfection it had everything we needed. The pool was great as well. We enjoyed relaxing under the sun and the amazing Masatepe breeze. At night we were able to see the Volcan Masaya glowing in the distance. The food at the Hacienda was delicious, everything was always cooked to perfection and we thoroughly enjoyed trying so many new dishes. Ruth is an amazing chef and prepared every meal with so much thought and care.

I cannot say enough good things about this place. The Hacienda was the perfect place to enjoy a peaceful vacation. The tours were well thought out and Adrian always took great care of us. I think what made our vacation extra special was the wonderful staff at the Hacienda. They all work very hard to provide us with everything we needed and they were all so charming. We look forward to visiting again in the future!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple