“Great hotel!!!!”

Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Masatepe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 June 2017

I have to say my trip to Nicaragua was a wonderful experience. I stayed seven nights at Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo in Masatepe. They really took care of us (my daughter and me), we did not have to worry about anything (airport transfers, tours, the food was AMAZINGGGGG including desserts). If you are looking for a place to relax and meditate, this is the place. The spectacular views specially at night time when you can watch the smoke from the active volcano (Volcan Masaya), this was a unique experience. Great service, great staff, great food.

Room Tip: Any room is good for the spectacular views
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

From the moment we arrived my wife and I were instantly impressed by the sheer scope and natural beauty. Truly breathtaking vistas of the surrounding volcanoes and lagoon. We were well taken care of by the amazing and attentive staff. Oscar, Adrian, Katherine, Eric and Ruth (our talented Chef) were very accommodating to our needs and the meals (mostly nicaraguan) were delicious. Highly recommended the "volcan" at the bar. We were also lucky to meet J.C (owner) during our stay as he had tons of stories, excursion recommendations and went out of his way to make us feel at home. Also would like to thank Linda for prepping us for our adventures and relaxing spa treatment. My wife and I can't wait to come back to this paradise.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2017

My boyfriend and I had the pleasure of staying at Hacienda Puerta del Cielo for four days. The day we left the Hacienda was a very sad day, because we absolutely LOVED our stay and cannot wait to return.

I’m all about great service and this place totally delivers. The minute I booked our stay Linda was incredibly responsive and provided tons of information not only about the Hacienda but also about the location, what to pack and detailed information about the airport procedures. Thanks to her we were completely prepared for our trip.

The day we arrived in Managua, Adrian was promptly waiting for us at the airport and we hit it off immediately. He was so friendly and incredibly knowledgeable. Before arriving at the Hacienda we stopped at a beautiful restaurant in the town of Catarina called Mi Viejo Ranchito. After lunch we continued our journey to the Hacienda, which is located in the colorful town of Masatepe. The minute we arrived at the Hacienda we were blown away by the gorgeous lake and mountain views. Oscar prepared delicious welcome drinks for us, the Macua, made with fresh fruit. Our casita was awesome, designed to perfection it had everything we needed. The pool was great as well. We enjoyed relaxing under the sun and the amazing Masatepe breeze. At night we were able to see the Volcan Masaya glowing in the distance. The food at the Hacienda was delicious, everything was always cooked to perfection and we thoroughly enjoyed trying so many new dishes. Ruth is an amazing chef and prepared every meal with so much thought and care.

I cannot say enough good things about this place. The Hacienda was the perfect place to enjoy a peaceful vacation. The tours were well thought out and Adrian always took great care of us. I think what made our vacation extra special was the wonderful staff at the Hacienda. They all work very hard to provide us with everything we needed and they were all so charming. We look forward to visiting again in the future!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nidia L
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

After 2 years of missing Nicaragua and the wonderful Hacienda my husband and I made a return visit. The bar was set high from our first visit but they managed to exceed my expectations again. Now is the best time to go with the active Masaya Volcano glowing in the background. Casa Bella has the perfect view of the volcano, its like Volcano TV all from the comfort of your bed or hammock. Linda takes care of all your travel needs. She had a perfect week planned with plenty of action and adventure but also plenty of time to relax at the Hacienda. Ruth, Adrian, and Oscar gave us the best service. It was my birthday during our stay and they worked so hard to make it great. They put beautiful flowers all over our casita. Later that night we had dinner under the stars and even had a birthday cake(very delicious). Ruth is an awesome cook, we looked forward to every meal! The food is fresh and they will handle any dietary needs. We truly felt taken care of the whole week from the moment Adrian picked us up from the airport. I recommend the Hacienda to anyone who is looking for a true getaway and adventure. You will meet some awesome people as most like-minded spirits come here. I cannot wait until my next visit!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2017

I booked a last minute trip to Nicaragua. My first time ever to the country. A short internet search and picked the hotel as one of my many stops there. I spent 2 nights, and I would have stayed longer if not for all the plans for my trip. The location was amazing, overseeing a range of volcanic mountains and a crater lake. So relaxing and beautiful.
The staff and manager of the hotel were so helpful and attentive to details. They would do all they can to accommodate even last minute requests, change of plans or guided tours. Even when I faced a bit of trouble with my booking through Expedia, JC, the manager, took it up with them to negotiate on my behalf.
The food was amazing and the cabins were spacious and clean, and I really loved the design!
I wouldn't hesitate recommending the place and its amazing, friendly staff!
Highly recommended
I am definitely going back to Nicaragua!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Masatepe
25.3 km away
18.8 km away
Hotel Colonial
Hotel Colonial
#7 of 45 in Granada

Been to Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa? Share your experiences!