“AMAZING Nicaragua experience!”

Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Masatepe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 January 2017

The staff of Hacienda Puerta del Cielo truly go out of their way to make sure your experience is a once in a lifetime event. My brother and I just returned from a trip there (New Years 2016-17) and we loved how we got to know the staff due to the small size of the hotel. The size didn't keep the hotel from offering amenities that most large hotels don't, however. From expert navigation, tour offerings, guides, an unbeatable and unobstructed view of an active volcano, delicious meals and expertly crafted cocktails, this was one of the best vacations I've ever been on. Each casita is well appointed with its own stone shower, bathroom, minibar, porch and hammock, and there's zero interruption if you want to be alone. If you're looking for company, the staff is always happy to share stories about their home town or make you a delicious mojito. From the home base of the Hacienda, we got to explore Granada, Masaya Volcano at night, Apoyo Volcanic Lake, and Mombacho Cloud Forest and toured a local coffee plantation. We were even lucky enough to have gone at a time when a local nearby town was having a festival and got to attend that too, which was an awesome local experience that I don't think most hotels would have told us about. Every single person was professional, courteous, friendly, and happy to converse in either English or Spanish. I'd never been to Nicaragua before and felt like we got a full range of experiences - from street food to four star cuisine, beachfront to mountaintop (literally) - and it's all due to the expert management and recommendations from the staff. The food at the resort was also among the best we've had while traveling, and definitely was better than the off-site restaurants we tried. I would absolutely go back to the Hacienda, and am recommending it and Nicaragua to my friends looking for their next international trip!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent and similar - with direct views of the volcano
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 December 2016

We were so well taken care of. From the moment we were picked up at the airport, to our welcome, food, accommodations and excursion, everything was perfect. Thank you for making the first part of our trip memorable!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monica S
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

A friend and I recently stayed at the hacienda and had a great time. If you're looking for a place to relax, this will fit the bill. We did several excursions and the hacienda team was easy to work with when we set up the excursions (before arrival) and during our adventures. I was excited to try the local cuisine throughout our stay and the staff even went out to get a local soup for us to try one night.

I really enjoyed relaxing by the pool and in one of the hammocks with great views of the Masaya volcano over a few days. Definitely worth a trip if you're looking to relax.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Annevolz
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

My family and I had the most amazing time on our trip to Nicaragua .. everything was just fantastic especially our tour guide Ariel! I'm glad he was there for us he was like part of our family!! The food was great and the scenery is absolutely stunning ! I would definitely recommend coming to this hotel!

My favorite all time part was when we went to the monkey island and one of the monkies climbed on top of me.. that was a once in a lifetime opportunity that I am so blessed to have and it would have never have happened if didn't come here !

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Alexis T
Reviewed 5 December 2016

My friend and I picked this spot, after searching for some time, to stay for a few days prior to another friend's wedding. Based on the time of the year, we were the only two people staying at the resort for part of the trip and only one other couple for another part of the trip.

I enjoyed the stay. The weather was nice and we were well fed with great meals and an attentive staff. The hotel booked excursions on our behalf and both excursions were executed without issue. The Masaya Volcano is a must see at night.

I booked a massage, too. I'm no expert but I was fine with my massage and the woman was very nice.

The pre-trip e-mails and communications were all good, the airport ride transfer went without a hitch, and the pricing for the room, food, excursions, and drinks all calculated out accordingly.

I would recommend staying at this hotel/resort if you're looking for low key, relaxing, to be well fed, and a few activities.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank icetray07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Masatepe
25,3 km away
18,4 km away
Hotel Xalteva
Hotel Xalteva
#13 of 45 in Granada

Been to Hacienda Puerta Del Cielo Eco Spa? Share your experiences!