Review Highlights
Great experience.

Expensive, but totally worth it. The guide was very friendly and knowledgeable. And also the food... read more

Reviewed 24 September 2021
259jeroenb
via mobile
Experience for the books

I did the classic sunset/sunrise Trolltunga hike tour and this experience was truly for the books... read more

Reviewed 13 September 2021
JosephPhilipC1
via mobile

All reviews sunset sunrise via ferrata amazing experience guided tour day hike super fun dome climb mountains activity scenery camille
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 June 2019 via mobile

I had a wonderful experience with Trolltunga Active and would highly recommend them to any of my friends. Wonderful staff! I can’t say enough good things about everyone who works for this company. They really bend over backwards for their guests. Most importantly, they make the difficult calls in the interest of safety. Though I was disappointed to not make it up to Trolltunga on the first day as we were called back down due to the weather, after seeing the weather which seemed to come out of nowhere, I was SO glad they had not allowed us to climb that day!! They were wonderful about rescheduling and allowed me to hike the following day.

Would definitely pay close attention to their recommended packing list! The weather really does change very quickly up there and you need to be prepared for absolutely anything. Don’t wear jeans! It would be awful to hike in wet jeans. Hiking boots (obviously). Wear layers! Bring sunscreen and lots of snacks.

Having done both hikes I can say that neither hike should be considered “easy”. You do need a little bit of athleticism to make it up (whichever way you elect to go). Stretch before and after.

The hike takes you across truly majestic landscapes. A once in a lifetime experience that Trolltunga Active really made memorable.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed 4 June 2019 via mobile

My sister and I did Trolltunga and we had an absolute blast with the hike. We were unsure what we would encounter on the hike but the guides we had through Trolltunga Active were top notch. They will outfit you with anything you need for the hike and ensure that everyone is safe the entire time (huge emphasis on personnel safety). Not only that, but they were happy to answer any/all questions we had about Norwegian culture. If you’re looking for guides up to Trolls Tongue, I would HIGHLY recommend these guys.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed 18 May 2019 via mobile

We were on a guided hike to Trolltunga. The guides are so expierienced and well educated. They know all the stories that will make you remember this hike, they take care of you and motivate you - and then, of course, they let you in on the most BEAUTIFUL spots in the mountains. This hike is a bit tough but totally worth it all the way.

And if you need a parade you have come to the right place ;-)

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed 15 May 2019 via mobile

We did the Trolltunga Hike with Trolltunga Active on the 11th of May and it was fantastic. The group comprised of folks from Australia, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, two stars from Vietnam and ourselves (Scot and Kenyan). The guides were superb-Jolstein (pack leader) and Mats (the Viking with the most patience). No aches and pains the next day but it is a long but stunningly beautiful hike. Really encourage people to dress appropriately and go with a guide. It is the best!!

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed 24 April 2019 via mobile

After substantial research and considering our unfamiliarity with hiking in snow, my Mum and I decided to do the hike to Trolltunga with Trolltunga Active on Easter Sunday in April 2019. We were super happy we made that decision!
As we were quite a big group, we had 3 guides, and a dog! The guides were all very nice and helpful, and the dog was super cute, often stopping next to our single file line of hikers to receive pets from everyone as they went past. The guides made sure that we were all prepared with suitable clothing and plenty of food. They gave us snow shoes and hiking poles which we used for 20kms of the 28km hike. It was our first time hiking through snow and using snow shoes so thatbwas interesting but fun!
We had a lot if breaks along the way which was good. And the guides told stories and some history, as well as checking how we were all doing.
Apart from the spectacular views at the Trolltunga and during the entire hike, another highlight was sliding down several downhill sections on our bottoms on the way back!
For winter I would definitely recommend this hike to Trolltunga with Trolltunga Active!! It was challenging but unforgettably amazing!

Date of experience: April 2019