All reviews highclere castle the pub busy road on arrival stayed longer very pleasant stay short drive breakfast was delicious short stay earplugs starters kettle
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

This charming place is so cute, the bar is typical English cozy pub, absolutely charming but: if you want stay over night be sure from midnight to 4 am you can sleep well after that too nosy , all the rooms are facing the road and you will hear for sure cars , the food was SUCCULENT, breakfast so so nothing special , the service is good and the personnel are very polite and smiley , will I return ! hell YES

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank penda_59
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay! The manager, Ollie, was very welcoming. The room was quaint and perfect for 2 people. The showers have been renovated and very modern. Breakfast was delicious. Overall a wonderful stay! This is perfect for couples.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Lovely little country pub, full of life, excellent local Beer, good food and extremely happy/friendly service.

I had a couple of pints of Middle Wield bitter and Jambalaya as my main dish. More than enough food

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Me and my dog came to stay at the yew tree we wanted to get away for a few days. Rooms were clean, food was amazing, staff friendly what more could I ask for very happy. I have rebooked to come back next month

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Best_things1952
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Eight of us, four couples, spent Sunday night at “The Yew Tree Inn”, we found the rooms very clean and comfortable, the beds giving us an excellent nights sleep, although passing traffic on the A343 just outside our room, woke me at 0500.
We ate in the evening and seven of the eight of us found the meals, which were all served together, very good, although it could have been hotter and one meal was sent back because it was not right.
We all agreed that the choice of breakfast was excellent.
Our Host was extremely good, apologising profusely for the slight problems we had.
Although there are wood/coal fires in the Restaurant they were unlit and it was not the most comfortable evening for a couple of us, although our host did provide us with a small electric fan heater.
Another problem in the Restaurant was that the tea provided was not hot, the water came from a drinks machine which did not reach the temperature that it should, so we collected a kettle from one of our rooms and used that.
Also, I do not agree with the “Non- discretionary 10% service charge!” We always tip but the size of the tip should reflect on the services.
Overall it was a very pleasant stay and we all agreed that we would stay again, full marks to our Host, “Ollie”.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple