All reviewswasing parkthe pubwhilst attending a weddinglondon pridewedding venuenearby weddingfresh milkpieevening meallovely roommain buildingfull englishovernight stopcooked breakfastsunday roasttea and coffeestayed here for one night
Reviewed 24 June 2018

We stayed here for one night bed and breakfast. The room was spotlessly clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly, helpful and smiley. The breakfast was well cooked and nicely presented. Very good standards and we would definitely recommend and stay again. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
LeighHindsHead, General Manager at The Hind's Head, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear 122rowena

Thank you for your lovely review, I am glad you enjoyed our beautiful bedrooms, and our breakfast and that the team were friendly and helpful, I will pass your kind comments onto our front and back of house teams.

I hope we can welcome you back sometime soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

It's just so gorgeous. Beautiful rooms, so clean, tidy and fresh with everything you need in them. The staff were so lovely, friendly and accommodating. I've stayed in many hotels over the years from posh to average and this one is 5 star in my eyes.

I would stay here anytime!

Room Tip: I should imagine all rooms are gorgeous. The 3 we used were opposite the outside seating area and all were stunning.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear UnasUpdate

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad that you liked our beautiful bedrooms and the team.

I will pass your lovely feedback onto them.

I do hope we can welceom you back sometime soon.

Best wishes

Leigh

Reviewed 22 June 2018

The Hinds Head is exceptional. The rooms are a perfect blend of traditional and modern with all the facilities you could require, even down to the fresh milk in a thermos jacket provided when you check in. If there was something you needed the staff would do their utmost to provide it. The restaurant is cosy with excellent food and very good service .

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LeighHindsHead, General Manager at The Hind's Head, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear andyreader

Thank you for taking the time to review us, I am so glad that you enjoyed your time here an that the team provided everything you needed. I hope we can welcome you back again soon

Leigh

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I turned up for my second visit later than planned and we weren't able to get any food (only wanted a sandwich) when we arrived. On a previous visit we had sandwiches made and were allowed to sit in the restaurant past closing to eat them with a nice pint. This time we just got an outright

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear PJMCLtd

Thank you for taking the time to review us, as I have said in my previous correspondence to you this certainly was not the level of service that we aim to deliver and I have raised this with the kitchen team.

I hope we can welcome you back again soon

Genral Manager

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I have stayed here before and found it reasonable but this time I felt that I was not getting value for money. My dinner was very disappointing - a dry steak and ale pie with no gravy, and lukewarm red cabbage presented on a cold plate. I asked for gravy which helped warm it up but the meat in the pie was tough - I gave up. To be fair, I was not charged for it.

On retiring to our room later that night we could not find a remote controller for the television and had to get someone from Reception to bring one to us. The hunt for the missing remote in various drawers revealed a lot of dust. Further evidence of poor attention to cleaning was revealed by finding someone's old dried up contact lens under foot in the bathroom.

Breakfast was not good, at 8:20 am there was only one lonely pastry left and an empty yogurt bowl. My Eggs Benedict were presented with under cooked poached eggs, white all runny.....I was offered a replacement but I was so put off I gave up again and went home hungry.

Such a shame because the rooms are pretty with nice bathrooms but the hotel is let down by the less than good attention to cleaning and food preparation/service.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the car park which was quiet
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Ruth L

Thank you for taking the time to advise us about your recent stay at the Hinds Head. Its through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and where necessary improve the service that we provide our guests.

Having only received positive feedback about our housekeepers I was disappointed to read of your experience and upon looking in your room I have indeed found some dust in some of the drawers so have bought this to the attention of the housekeepers so that they may rectify it.

Having spoken to the restaurant team I understand that when the server checked back you told her that your couldn't eat your pie without gravy but said nothing else about the other problems you have since raised? Amy our duty manager went to speak to you after the meal having noticed that you hadn't eaten much and you then bought these things up at which point she deducted the pie from your bill as things were clearly not great. My apologies that the meal was not up to scratch but please rest assured that whilst we aim to deliver perfect food all the time sometimes something is not quite right for guest and hence we always check back so that we can rectify any problems and guests can continue to enjoy their meals, I'm sorry that you didn't feel you could raise these problems at the time as our server would have gone our of her way to rectify them immediately as she did with the gravy once you requested it.

We have taken on board your feedback about breakfast too, as the last guests down I understand that it is important to ensure that everything is still available and I have raised this with the team to ensure that it does not happen again, whilst it would have taken a few minutes to cook more pastries we could have immediately brought more yoghurt and I am sorry that you didn't feel you could bring this up with us at the time.

Once again my sincere apologies that things were not up to scratch on your stay and thank you for bringing these to our attention so that we can avoid such things happening again.

Best wishes