“Nice lunch”

The Gin Trap Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Ringstead
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Beautiful 17th Century Coaching Inn in the pretty village of Ringstead, only a few miles from the bustling North Norfolk Coast.
Reviewed 24 September 2018

Nice lunch and friendly staff in a cosy inn. Definitely want to go back and sample the extensive gin menu!

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed here on a Sunday evening in a lovely room, had a great night, everyone was helpful and friendly especially Simon and a young man I think called Seb.
Breakfast was awesome. And we will be calling in again soon.

1  Thank theearlearms
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Service was slow people who had ordered after us were served before us on both courses. We’re not asked if we required more drinks through the meal

3  Thank 1timeele
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Called in whilst walking North Norfolk Way - mid-morning coffee was delightful - good coffee, very friendly and very peaceful. Went back later in week for Saturday dinner - totally different - very very busy, waitresses rushed, food variable - fish and chips were 50% batter - recommended wine was barely drinkable. Yet friends re-visited following week - mid-week - when it was again totally different - far less crowded and both service/food brilliant. So probably worth giving it the benefit of the doubt - just don't go at weekend.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 18 September 2018

I have lived in Hunstanton for six years and have never been to the Gin Trap. Firstly because you need a car. Also speaking to various people not had good comments from them.

Anyway friends took me there for lunch and was looking forward to my visit. Upon going into the bar although rustic thought it looked good, but upon waiting at the bar for a drink, the bar itself was sticky together with parts of the floor.

We ordered drinks from the bar and then proceeded to our table, as there only seemed to be the barman, we were looking for a table for 3, could not see one, but on inspection of the conservatory and the room attached I was impressed.

The barman came in and proceeded to alter a table for two into three (this was a disappointment due to the fact that there were plenty of tables - no customers and my friends had booked a table....). Upon claiming about lack of space round table he gave us a larger one.

The staff and service was very good. The food was very good.

What we were amazed at was when we paid our bill my friend was asked if everything was OK, he explained about the problem we had had. I take it he was the owner/manager of the establishment and he said he had heard what had occurred and explained what had happened. When he totalled up the bill, I did express I felt he should deduct some money off for the problem we had incurred. Unfortunately he dismissed my comment and we were charged the full amount.

In those circumstances I was not DISAPPOINTED with the comments that I had previously heard.

I go out with friends once a month for Sunday lunch and we are always looking for different venues, but some of these ladies have been here before, but due to the fact that the conservatory and side room was very nice I was going to suggest The Gin Trap be put on our list, but unfortunately I am not going to suggest it. SORRY!!!!!!

1  Thank TravellerIlford
Annelli T, General Manager at The Gin Trap Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Hi there,

Many thanks for leaving some feedback, upon reading it I'm left a little perplexed I must say.

You state the food and service was great, which I'm really pleased about and must thank you. However, from what I can understand you have been left disappointed because we hadn't deducted money from your bill to compensate for the fact we had to move you to a bigger table for give you guys some more space, which was done so immediately. I'm truly baffled.

Best wishes,