“Wow”

Ranked #32 of 152 Restaurants in Uxbridge
Price range: US$10 - US$16
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A taste bud delight, where East meets West. Sitting within eyes view of the former Breakspear House, once the home of the first and only English Pope, Nicholas Breakspear, the Breakspear Arms, will for the first time, bring a taste of India to its menu. The Traditional Northern Indian cuisine, which can be savoured either in the relaxed environment of the newly refurbished premises or enjoyed at home, courtesy of the free local delivery service (3 mile radius), sits proudly alongside traditional British favourites including a full carvery and cooked English buffet breakfast which can be enjoyed in our restaurant. We are also able to offer a full catering service at your venue, including cooking on site.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited today just before the England match started and we were given a perfect table. The food was superb. I ordered lamb biryani and they spiced it to my taste beautifully. I did not have to use the chilli flakes I carry in my handbag. Garlic naan was Devine. Also Karahi chicken tastes lovely. I was also wowed by the service and the atmosphere here. The service charge is reflective of the wonderful service received. I will definitely be back. Thanks for packing up my leftovers. I will have these for breakfast

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Disgusting, bland cold tasteless food. Had to ask three times for our table to be cleared of the fly-ridden plates. Main course was foul. Have had better Indian Food from an Asda ready made meal. Service was an absolute joke. The staff were thick and kept delivering the food to wrong tables, bill wasn’t correct and the manager was shouting at the waitress in front of us. Avoid at all costs. This restaurant is an absolute shambles and should be ashamed to be serving food labelled as Indian.

3  Thank mrs_dallasLondon
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Went on a Friday evening and the staff were very friendly and couldn’t do enough. Menus and drinks arrived quickly. Choice is very good and clear.
Food was very good although every dish was very hot and may not always suit Western palettes. Would suggest a side order of yoghurt as a precaution. The staff did say that they could cook the food slightly less hot. Overall, very good and definitely one to revisit.

BreakspearArmsUXB, Public Relations Manager at Breakspear Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a review. We love that you enjoyed your visit with us and looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Having passed on a regular basis and seen how popular it seemed to be, we thought we would give a try. Admittedly it was early evening, but the restaurant was deserted and the bar was full of guys, we were ushered through to a table were by there were no other diners, resulting in no atmosphere at all, and at that point we did consider going elsewhere, but thourght now we’re hear, we may as well give a go.

We both chose the carvery, my wife ordered the Lamb and I the Beef, three courses for £14.75 which we thought was good value, when delivered to the table we both were very impressed with the portion size, very substantial to say the least.

Although the food was very acceptable, the atmosphere was totally lacking, most of the time we had staff clearly not preoccupied with other customers, hovering around us unnecessarily making us feel quite uncomfortable at times.

From our experience, avoid early evening if you’re like us, and want more of an atmosphere and have other guests dining around you.

Thank you for your review. Sorry you didn't enjoy the atmosphere but I can assure you we have returning customers who come not only for the great food but also for the ambience. I will pass on your comment about the 'hovering' waiting staff to the waiting staff.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

If you see Indian families eating in in an Indian restaurant, then you know you are
on to a winner. This place was full of families, and the food was outstanding.

This is half standard pub, half Indian restaurant, and although it is not far from where I
live, i had no idea such a gem was so close to me. I am gutted that I did not discover
it earlier, as I am about to move away from the area for good.

You could taste every spice, in each piece of food, and every bit was excellent. The service was friendly, relaxed, and there was great pride in th3e dishes they served.

After going here, you won't want to eat Indian food anywhere else.

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely review. It is for this exact reason we love what we do and we strive for every customer to have the same experience as yourself.