“Absolutely fantastic stay”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Avocet Lodge

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Beach area facing the waterski lake
Newly developed play zone
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Emma W
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantastic stay”
Reviewed 21 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

The lodge was amazing and clean, the hot tub was fantastic, sue was lovely and welcoming, would definitely recommend to stay there

Brodiert
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed 22 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

The lodge was immaculate, Brendan and sue came to welcome us and are both very lovely people, we had an excellent time and will definitely be returning :) thank you for an amazing time!

Kellie A
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“The perfect, relaxing break.”
Reviewed 27 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

We stayed in Avocet Lodge over the new year and we had a lovely, relaxing break. The boys enjoyed fishing, even though the lake was frozen so they had to break the ice. Us girlies enjoyed sitting in the hot tub, warming up with a glass of bubbly.

The lodge itself was gorgous! It's very modern and clean, like being home from home.

We have already booked to visit again in May and we are looking forward to it already.

Thank you for a lovely break and looking forward to our return visit again in the summer.

Kellie, Wayne and family x

Edward F
Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
“Avocet December 2014 - Incredible”
Reviewed 23 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

I Would firstly like to thank Sue and Brendan for their hospitality, they were wonder, If we asked for something then they made sure that it was there for us. The surrounding area is wonderful, the lake in front of the cabin really made the whole setting very picturesque. The cabin itself is homely, cosy and immaculate. My friends and I cannot wait to stop there again! We stopped there back in December 2013 and I am glad to report that the standards have not dropped. A great time was had, and I for one cannot thank Sue and Brendan enough for their generosity. See you soon!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The comfort level
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
lane459
Derby
“Nice place but poor hospitality”
Reviewed 4 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

This was our second stay here. First stay was for two nights back in March and second was October with family and friends, I booked straight after the first visit as I was impressed with the lodge and surrounding area. Brendon took the second booking also and state three night minimum stay - we booked this along with next door and paid at the time. I contacted them to confirm the stay before the trip only to be told I had only booked for the two nights - I knew this was not the case - they basically after this was rude and unhelpful just stating I was wrong and making me feel like a liar. My only saving grace was the text messages still on my phone. After having to send the proof as not believed they then said they would have to honour this only to then keep contacting me once I was already there - it just made me feel very uneasy. He didn't even speak when we saw them out and never bothered to see us on the checkout. Was very upset about the service. I would recommend the lodges on this site but would say choose another one like the one next door and check your order!

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing