“Heaven on earth!”

Long Close
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 18 June 2018

My partner and I visited this garden under the National Garden Scheme, the kind owner opens his garden for several months a year for the benefit of charity. To my mind it was the perfect garden, something different to see around every corner, huge established trees, wild flowers, a vast assortment of shrubs, ponds, Rhododendrons, the list is endless! It reminded me of many of the gardens of Cornwall that I have visited, and I could easily have spent all day there.

1  Thank Rod B
"shrubs"
"rhododendrons"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

A beautiful garden that is quite expansive. Areas of well manicured lawn and garden, along with more natural areas. Picnic areas and quiet benches. The view from the main house is marvellous.

Sadly although children’s tickets are available to purchase, it is not the most suitable for children as the rules are strict. We couldn’t even play catch with a hackey sac, before the caretaker came running out to warn us. Not much else for kids to do, but for adults a good day out and credit to the person who maintains the property. Bathroom on site too, but be careful finding the location as there are two Main Street’s in close proximity, and we drove past the first time as very poor signage … a hidden treat no doubt!

Reviewed 4 May 2018

So pleased this is my first visit to a garden belonging to the scheme, the cost of entry is donated to various charities! And all I can say is wow, such a wonderful garden, still quite natural in it's 5 acre setting, glorious shrubs and colours. Still lots of shrubs in bud, we will go back to see them in even more glorious colour. Just gorgeous.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Lovely garden open regularly and good to see at different times of the year. It is much bigger than the house front might suggest and dips away giving a real countryside feel. Worth a look.

1  Thank Alison23lufbra
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 May 2017

This really is like a hidden treasure and I have been fortunate to visit on other occasions. It is a labour of love getting the gardens to look the way they do and after seeing the devastation that Storm Vera had made before, I was totally blown away with how incredibly beautiful everywhere looked! The profusion of blossom, variety of colours, diversity and different levels of garden are simply captivating!

1  Thank 01Dancer