“Perfect location, greatest host, awesome casita”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Elaine D
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Perfect location, greatest host, awesome casita”
Reviewed 10 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

Our stay here met all expectations! Caribe Shutte brought us right to the front door from Bocas Del Toro in Panama! When we were greeted by Amanda, we knew we were in good hands!. We have never stayed in a better cared for casita! Extremely clean, spacious, great air flow, well equipped! Then the view to top it off! Couldn't be closer to both the beach and the Rainforest! Highlights of our stay included our tour of the Park with Tino, easy bus access to Puerto Viejo, exploring the coast, meeting the friendly locals and just relaxing in one of the hammocks!
Food is readily available, both grocery store or restaurants!
We would return in a minute!! We didn't have near enough time to enjoy all the activities Amanda had available! There is something for everyone!!

Karen R
Redding, California
“best place on the beach”
Reviewed 21 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

the rental was beautiful, close to beach. Amanda was really easy to work with and she takes great pains to make sure all is ok. she set us up on a jungle tour with florintino who was wonderful, very knowledgeable and humourish

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: being in a clean quiet place
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Pforshay
Osage, Iowa
“Couldn't Be Better”
Reviewed 9 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Three things that made it super - the experience, the place and our host, Amanda. Couldn't be better. This is where the road stops and your adventure begins. Thank you Amanda for making our stay the getaway we hoped for.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Costa Rican coffee in the morning, in a hammock
Friends getaway Older travelers
Caroline...
Berlin, Germany
“favourite place in Costa Rica”
Reviewed 21 July 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

I travel to Costa Rica every year since ten years now and I visit Manzanillo on the Caribbean every time I'm there. I stayed in a lot of different accomodations in Manzanillo but since five years I'm only staying in Casa del Mar.

The house is perfectly located and has everything you need for a nice relaxing vacation in the Caribbean.

Amanda is really friendly and an amazing host. She stopped by at the house every day to make sure we had everything we needed like fresh towels, bed sheets etc... She also kept us informed about all sorts of activities in the area, hikes and the best snorkeling spots, as she knows the area very well. She even gave us some great information for our further travels to the Caribbean in Nicaragua.

The house is beautiful and is well-kept by Amanda. She takes great care of the house and the garden. There are nice plants and herbs all over the garden which we enjoyed a lot when rocking in the hammocks in front of the house.
The kitchen was equipped with everything we needed, we especially enjoyed the blender to make smoothies. There is a fruit-truck with fresh tropical fruit and vegetables passing through Manzanillo every day!

Manzanillo is a very calme place and perfect to relax. Weekends get a little busier as people from around the area arrive at the beach for day trips. But even then there is plenty of space and it was always easy to find a quiet spot at the beach as it's really huge!
We will definitely try to come back to Manzanillo and stay at Casa del Mar as soon as we can!

Liked best: Amanda's snorkeling tips
Liked least: nothing
Your age range 25-34
jlsanders...
Oak Harbor, Washington
“Honeymoon Bliss!”
Reviewed 29 January 2015 for a stay in October 2014

Amanda was amazing when it came to planning our honeymoon! Not only did we have a great place to stay, but Amanda organized everything we wanted to do! I gave her a list of things we wanted to experience in Costa Rica and she organized local guides for everything. We had an amazing kayak trip, fishing trip, rainforest hike, snorkeling, swimming, and horseback trip. And to end our trip with a bang, we went on a whitewater rafting trip that picked us up at Casa Del Mar and dropped us off at our hotel in San Jose for our flight the next day. The best part was that Amanda did all the hard work for us which was amazing since I was planning a wedding. Thanks for everything Amanda!

*My only complaint is a somewhat petty one. I kind of hate cockroaches and we did have a few. One ended up in my bag and crawled up on me while I was sitting on a bus. Not the best experience, but it wouldn't deter me from staying here again. It IS the jungle after all!

Friends getaway Large groups
Management Response
30 Jan 2015
Your welcome and I am very happy you enjoyed all your activities and honeymoon. Yes along with the cute monkeys and sloths come insects however we do spray each casita 2 times a week with Baygon and a can of Baygon was left in the cleaning cupboard for you if necessary. I do ask everyone if they have any problems with the casita to let me know so I can fix it. But I was not told that you were having this problem so I could fix it for you. It would have been an easy problem to fix to spray Baygon around the side of the casita when you were out on a tour. But this was never mentioned to me. You also may have noticed that any cockroaches may have been laying on their back because they have tried entering and have been intoxicated by the Baygon. Their are different times of the year that different animals, flowers and insects are around and when you came it was the insects due to humidity. And as you mentioned "it is the jungle".

I hope you are able to return to enjoy more of the Caribe Sur in the near future.
Pura Vida
Amanda
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing