“Fabulous Cuisine and Great Chef”
Review of Gusto Bistro

Gusto Bistro
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Chorleywood
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I should have written this a few days ago but anyway; husband and I had a date night here on Saturday and I think we've found our new regular eatery.

Allan who runs the place is amazing, and friendly and accommodating.

I couldn't decide on starter between Burrata, 12 hour slow cooked squid or prawn cocktail. So, husband had the prawn cocktail and I had the burrata. Allan then brought just a small sample of the squid for me to try - wow. So rich. All three were amazing. The prawn cocktail was a little different to the usual, the burrata was so creamy but the homemade pesto sauce was incredible. The bread was great too.

Main course was fish (I think it was bream but it was a few days ago now) perfectly cooked with the most amazing vegetables sautéed to perfection and it's been a long time since I've been anywhere that does that.

Dessert - I was stuffed! Husband had Crewe Brûlée his fav and said it was delicious. In the end Allan also brought me a slice of homemade cheesecake, again delish.

It's BYO which suits us very well and I would definitely suggest you try it. Allan is very talented with the credentials of a master chef. Why travel into London when it's on your door step.

Very reasonably priced too.

Only one complaint and that was that I struggled to walk as I was so full - not a bad complaint to have!

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We went as a noisy grown up family of 9 and were greeted with a warm personal welcome from Alan - the owner, chef and front of house(how he does it all I really don't know!).
As we were a larger party we had pre-ordered. I had ordered Burrata and tomato salad with pesto, OMG delicious. Others had spring rolls, smoked salmon and slow cooked squid everyone ooooed over their dishes.
I had lamb for main which was cooked to perfection. Other meals included confit of duck, sea bream and mushroom risotto, all were raved over.
Desserts were all homemade and included sticky toffee pudding, eaton mess, cheesecake and the most gorgeous chocolate soufflé (with a proper oozy middle).
All were served with care and attention by Alan and another member of staff, now that's what you call the personal touch. You provide your own drinks as it's unlicensed which suited us.
A RARE GEM NOT TO BE MISSED.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely little place in Chorleywood High St. The food Alan prepares is stunning. The braised squid is one of my faves. But good selection of meat, fish and vegetarian dishes. Small and quaint with a lovely atmosphere. Alan will spend time and tell you about all of his dishes he prepares with such dedication.

Definitely try it out!!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

The food is exceptional and the chef explains to you how he has prepared the food. The restaurant is unlicensed but by taking your own drinks makes for a very reasonably inexpensive evening. Water is supplied free as are ice , ice bucket and glasses. There is NO corkage charge. This really is a gem in the local area.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Went o this Restaurant this evening with Friends. I chose it after reading the reviews here on Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed!!! All the food is freshly prepared, and oh so flavoursome. Alan the owner/chef is very friendly and welcoming. Advisable to book. Also this is a BYOB Restaurant, and there is no corkage fee. Can't recommend highly enough, we shall certainly return!!!;