“Enjoyable lunch”

Wildwood
Ranked #31 of 79 Restaurants in Woodford
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What can I say, a lovely lunchtime restaurant that’s part of a chain serving a mainly Italian menu. We popped in for lunch and my partner had her baby granddaughter with us. The waitress, I didn’t get her name but I believe it was her first day, was excellent with nothing too much trouble. Enjoyable lunch but standard fare for a chain restaurant.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We visited for a dinner on Saturday. The food was great and amazing service. It is an Italian menu, but few really different things - wild boar burger is a star! Really impressed with the decor and atmosphere. Will be coming back!:)

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Having visited Wildwood in South Woodford before and having a nice meal I was so disappointed in this second visit. There were four of us and it took nearly three hours for us to have a three course meal.
The starters took 35 minutes to be served. They were ok but certainly not worth the wait. Then it took nearly an hour after starters were cleared for the main courses to be served. The restaurant was only about half full and there appeared to be plenty of staff.
I think the problem was probably with the kitchen as when I passed it to go to the toilet I could hear lots of giggling and laughing and my observation was that there was not a lot of work going on in there.
Eventually I complained to the manager. To be fair to him he was apologetic and when he eventually served the mains he said he would like to offer us complimentary desserts.
All very well and good, but yes, you guessed, they took ages to be served. Almost half an hour again to serve two sundaes and a couple of coffees. How does it take so long to scoop ice cream into a dish and add some bananas and cream.
On a positive side, the waiting staff were polite and friendly but this was a very disappointing experience and I doubt very much I'll be returning.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Visited as a couple and both had a starter and main course. The wild boar burger was meaty and tasty and I had a sirloin steak which was cooked as requested. Staff very pleasant and attentive

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Had lunch here with a party of friends on Sunday. Our table was at the rear of the restaurant and some of us immediately noticed a bad sewage type smell emanating around us. We called the manager but he couldnt really do anything to rectify this. It was a shame as we found the food and the service very good but didn't appreciate dining with this bad smell for company hence only three stars. So until they get this problem sorted we will sadly be reluctant to visit the restaurant again.