Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews new owners burger night skill level fish these guys spent a week the kitchen staff group of friends monday night costa rica boat captain panga drops every morning great waves three meals a day dietary restrictions learn how
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 August 2021

Amazing people! They made the whole trip easy, describing simple options for flights/transportation getting there and back, and organizing a car to pick me up from the airport. Also orchestrated the Covid testing needed to get in and out of the country! The surf was amazing, boat trips to remote breaks up and down the coast. The food was fantastic. Could not say better things. Thank you Tara, Trevor, Kevin, and everyone!

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 14 July 2021

What a great stay! I visited for a solo trip the last week of June 2021, and what a trip!
I'll start with the people because while the place is super important, the people are what make the place.
-Tara and Trevor are the owners and operators that work tirelessly to make sure you are having the best trip ever! Nothing but good vibes out of these two! They are attentive, but not overbearing or in your face at all. You need help or want to arrange something different? They are there 110%!! I had trouble with my flight into Managua and Tara and Shiva, their travel agent, helped me work it out. Messages were replied to promptly making me feel like I was in good hands, and their expertise kept me from losing time on the beach. Tara and Trevor keep the operation running smoothly, and that's no easy feat! Again- they work constantly to make sure you are doing exactly what you want to be doing.
-Guides Kevin, Lenin, and Will are awesome guys! They use their local knowledge to put you on the best waves for each session, and are super chill to hang with between surfs. Smart, funny, AND good looking- one and all! We had a mixed group of surfers while I was there and these guys were able to get each of us where we needed to be for the most fun. The variety of waves on offer in Nicaragua, and their boat, the Vale de Pena (Worth the Pain) allows quick access to the best spots, and Armando, el Capitan, is an expert on the water!
-Staff- the ladies and gentlemen in the kitchen and doing the cleaning keep the food coming at meal times- always plenty and super tasty! Sometimes I think owners will skimp on support staff, and that is not the case here! Giant's Foot keeps a solid crew so folks seem happy to be there and enjoy doing what they do. Happy staff = Happy Guests!
As I said, the people make the place and I can't say enough good things about this collective group! Thank you, Thank you!!
The place- Clean, basic, on the beach in Playa Gigante! What more could you want? When not surfing, you can stroll down the beach to poke around "town" and get an ice cream, walk out to the rocks and explore, or stare at the stars on the beach at night. We skipped a session of surf one day and went fishing- great action! Black tuna, mackerel, and a needle fish! Tropical beauty for sure! Be sure to bring sunscreen and mosquito repellent!
The surf- We had pretty solid swell the whole week. Swell didn't drop below head-high the whole time! We surfed most the spots on the menu, and added a couple of expats to the boat for the longer run up to Playgrounds and Lance's Left. Crowds were minimal- especially compared to California standards, so it's really between you and the wave. Can you launch it over the ledge at Colorados???
Nicaragua as a whole has struggled since 2018, but Gigante is quiet, and life goes on.. I felt 100% secure the entire time! My family and I visited Gigante in 2015, so I had a clue about Giant's Foot, but what really convinced me to make the reservation was a review that said, "JUST GO! Book it now!" That guys was right- Just go! Book it now! Tara, Trevor and the Giant's Foot Crew will make sure you have the best surf trip ever!
Thanks again for a great stay!

Date of stay: June 2021
Tara Schill, Owner at Giant's Foot Surf, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2021

Fritz you're the best! We miss you! Come back to us soon amigo! Thank YOU for a great week! Much love

Reviewed 12 July 2021 via mobile

All my expectations were exceeded! Our 7 day adventure was filled with delicious food, awesome waves and best of all a friendly, welcoming staff and surf guides. While staying there we got into a routine we fell in love with. If you are looking to get off the beaten path for an epic adventure for surfing, fishing and hiking, Giants Foot is the place to be!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Jack! Your routine was epic! Looking forward to your return amigo! Thank you so much for your words. Much love

Reviewed 12 July 2021

11/10, I could not have asked for a better trip! Tara and Trevor welcomed us in right away, helped us navigate through travel issues, and worked with us to plan our activities every day. The food was phenomenal, and the surf guides and captains were incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. They took us to all of the perfect spots working best for the current tides and swell; either by boat or truck. Got the best, longest, biggest, and emptiest waves of my life. Absolutely loved spending time with the staff and meeting others in the town. Got out fishing too and made some unreal ceviche! The place is also super nice with comfortable rooms, plenty of space, and a sweet hangout area that extends out directly to the beach. Unlimited beer, rum, food, boat rides, waves, and fun are unbeatable. Could not recommend enough! Miss you all already

Room tip: All rooms have A/C and locks!
3  Thank nathanaI7584SE

Nathan you're the best organizer! What an adventure since we first spoke! You've got such a wonderful group of buddies! And now we feel like they're our amigos too! Come back soon! Much love

Reviewed 12 July 2021

Giants Foot Surf Tours blew all of my expectations out of the water. The GFS surf guides, Kevin, Lenin, Maximo, and Armando, were consistently taking us to the best breaks for each given tide, swell, and wind direction to make sure we were scoring the best waves possible. It got almost ridiculous how many amazing waves I surfed day after day with only my best friends sharing the lineup. Without their local knowledge, this would have never happened. Tara and Scott pulled out all the stops while we were there. Incredible food, accommodations, and experiences with the local community. Words will never be able to describe how amazing it is to stay at GFS. It’s something you’ll have to see for yourself.

2  Thank 670masonc

Mason! Thank you so much for the kind words. We are still so stoked about the week with you guys! We can't wait to host you guys again! Much love amigo!