Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
eDreams
All reviews new owners burger night skill level fish these guys spent a week the kitchen staff group of friends monday night costa rica boat captain panga drops every morning great waves three meals a day dietary restrictions learn how
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 July 2021

Giants Foot Surf Tours blew all of my expectations out of the water. The GFS surf guides, Kevin, Lenin, Maximo, and Armando, were consistently taking us to the best breaks for each given tide, swell, and wind direction to make sure we were scoring the best waves possible. It got almost ridiculous how many amazing waves I surfed day after day with only my best friends sharing the lineup. Without their local knowledge, this would have never happened. Tara and Scott pulled out all the stops while we were there. Incredible food, accommodations, and experiences with the local community. Words will never be able to describe how amazing it is to stay at GFS. It’s something you’ll have to see for yourself.

2  Thank 670masonc
Tara Schill, Owner at Giant's Foot Surf, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2021

Mason! Thank you so much for the kind words. We are still so stoked about the week with you guys! We can't wait to host you guys again! Much love amigo!

Reviewed 11 July 2021

What an incredible trip. Its going to be pretty tough to capture everything that made it so special in this review, but I'll try anyway.

Tara and Trevor, the owners, were incredibly helpful, kind, and genuine. They treated us like family from the start of the trip planning process and went out of their way to make every day special and memorable. I really can't thank them enough for everything they did to help us get in and out of the country so smoothly.

Armando, Kevin, Lenin, and Maximo, the boat captains and surf guides, were amazing. I would trust them with my life out in and out of the water. So fun to be around them and learn from them about the ocean, Nicaragua, fishing, and surfing.

The surfing was epic. We scored every day (7 days in a row) and the different breaks accommodated the different types of surfers we had on the trip (beginner to very experienced). My favorite wave was Manzanillo.

Lastly, the food was incredible and the rooms were awesome. I was not disappointed even once with the food. A/C in every room and nice showers. I also loved the hammocks for lounging in between sessions.

I hope to return and would highly recommend GFS to everyone!

3  Thank markbrizz

You rock Mark! Thank you for your kind words. You guys were such an epic group! I'm so glad we had the chance to meet all of you. You're lucky to have such a great circle of friends. Come back soon amigo! Much love

Reviewed 11 July 2021

I want to share a big thank you to everyone at Giant’s Foot Surf Camp. My week at Giant’s Foot exceeded my expectations in every way. Tara and Trevor really make you feel like you’re apart of a family and apart of the community in El Gigante. Our surf guides Kevin, Lenny and Maximo knew every break so well and caught us the best waves of our lives in empty line ups. Their lead captain Armando is as solid as they come and even helped catch us some fish for the best ceviche ever. To top it all off the beers are always cold and your plates are always full. Thank you so much to everyone who made my stay so special. I will definitely be back soon and recommend everyone to put this place on your bucket list you won’t regret it.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank lukeaV5332XC

Luke my son! :) What an incredible week! Thank you for your words. We're super grateful and so glad that you had an amazing surf trip! It really is what we strive for! Look forward to topping it next year! Much love amigo

Reviewed 11 July 2021

Summary:

- The hospitality provided by Tara, Trevor, the kitchen/housing staff is unbelievable.

- I came in a pretty bad surfer, and i'm leaving a decent, more confident surfer.

- Always Felt Safe in the Water with the Surf Guides.

- Amazing food. Cold beers.

- Met the local expat community because of Tara and Trev.

- Wifi and rooms were great.

- You leave feeling like family.

Long review:

I had no idea what to expect from a "Surf Camp in Nicaragua" as someone who was not a good surfer and had never been to Central America.

First - it was pretty complicated to get into Nicaragua during covid times but Tara pretty much handled all of it. Even when unexpected things happened, Tara had a backup plan.

Once we arrived at the camp, we were blown away by the home base. It is a beachfront property with bunk rooms and an awesome eating / backyard area. Wifi, showers, and AC worked very well.

Now the review that really matters: the surfing was incredible, at least two sessions a day at whatever breaks you want. I started at the beginner break (Magnific Rock) but got good enough to go to Lance's Left and Amorillo. I'm not gonna lie - I was pretty nervous at first because the surfing in Nicaragua is decently big, but i had no doubt in my mind that the guides: Maximo, Lenin, Kevin, and Armando would be able to save my life if need be (and this is an exaggeration, i never felt in danger) - and I mean that with all sincerity. All my discomfort went away the more i got to learn about the guides and that led to me being more comfortable in the water which i'll bring home with me to California.

After the surfing, there were plenty of cold beers and delicious meals shared amongst the group as well as the community. It truly felt like a family vacation, especially when Tara and Trevor introduced us to the other expats. We had Burger night, Pizza night and Pig Roast where most of the expat community joined us and it was really cool.

Leaving was one of the saddest things I've done in a while. After spending 4 hours back in LA, we almost turned back.

Trevor, Tara, GFS - Thank you for truly one of the best weeks of my life. Sorry the boys took unlimited beers to the max!

Room tip: Each room has a unique characteristic.
2  Thank Soomin05

Soomin we need more of your dancing in our lives!! See you next year for round two! Was such a great time meeting you guys. You're missed here already! Until the next time, much love!

Reviewed 6 July 2021

Other reviews accurately described the good vibes at GFS. Tara and Trevor and the staff work really hard to make the camp feel intimate and homey. The food is great and plentiful and most evenings found us hanging out on the front porch, drinking cervezas and hanging out. Getting in an out of Nica was a breeze thanks to Tara making sure our pickups were set up, and our COVID test results were submitted correctly to the airline before arriving and on departure.

For me however, as a relatively new surfer trying to develop my skills, what mattered was the surfing and GFS really delivered. I did the video analysis package, which includes boat trips all week and Tara driving out to the break to film you on a camera with a telephoto lens. For context, I've been surfing a year and a half, mostly on dumpy Southern California beach breaks and I was a little nervous upon arriving in Nica where waves were head-high to slightly overhead when I arrived. However the surf guides (Lenin, Kevin, Will) were great at finding the sweet spot of getting to push myself while not being in any unsafe situations. We went to a bunch of breaks on the panga (boat) or truck and I got some epic rides in head high Colorados and Panga Drops, as well as the always consistent Amarillos, which is a 5 minute drive away from the camp. For me, the moral support of having a local surf guide who explained where the take offs were and encouraged me to take off on waves where I was deeper than I felt comfortable resulted in me progressing my surfing and bringing back lots of good memories. The surf guides were as stoked as I was to get into the water and we fed off of each other's energy.

If you can catch waves consistently on your own, I'd highly recommend the video analysis package. Seeing yourself surf can clear up a lot of things and help your coaches give you better advice in the water.

Outside the water, the camp is a super chill place to be, with friendly locals coming in an out (like some kind of Nica beach sitcom). Trevor and Tara worked hard to make sure my gf, a non-surfer, felt included and organized activities for her while I was in the water.

What else can I say? Consistent quality waves, friendly people, lots of stoke. I definitely want to go back as soon as I can.

Date of stay: June 2021

Jon and Nikki thank you so much for your words! It was an absolute pleasure to have met both of you!! We hope to host you again next year! You'll always have a place here with us! You totally rocked it amigo!!!! Much love