“A fun place to visit with good food and service”

Restaurant a la Couronne
Price range: US$19 - US$41
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Although a bit touristy, this is a nice restaurant to sample Alsacian food. I found the service excellent and the several items I selected well prepared. While not a gourmet experience, the food is good, and there are quite decent wine offerings. The interior is very interesting where your table on the second floor looks down on a rustic atrium. The bathrooms need to be seen--they are futuristic-kitch. A fine place for lunch as well or to have a beer and snack. I would return for the neat look of the place.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

La Couronne was recommended by our hotel. Large restaurant, multiple levels and crowded with a mixture of tourists and locals. An extensive menu and wine list. We were a group of 6 and we selected a range of menu items which were all enjoyable. Excellent service and good value for money. We would go back.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Evening visit. Made a reservation as recommended at our b&b - very busy so well advised.
Parking was a challenge so allow time to find a space on the street or in the small car park for the hall at the end of the street.
Restaurant in an old building set up inside to be very traditional with lots of knick knacks.
Service was excellent and staff very helpful. Ate tarte flambee as that is what we had wanted. It comes huge and very tasty - almost too much to cope with so chose light desserts. My ile flotante was also a generous size!
Do be sure to visit the amazing toilet facilities!
Not cheap but well worth a visit if you are in the area.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

We just discovered this restaurant on our Alsace wine road trip.. It was close to 14,00 and the owner was very understanding and gave us a nice table in this eclectic restaurant decorated with lots of local artifacts.

The food was very good. The Chef is a French Maitre Cuisinier. I tried the local Presskopf which is a pork terrine that was homemade and served with gherkins.
My wife had a large local goat cheese salad and I tried the vol au vent with frog legs. A great dish that I thoroughly enjoyed as it had a great garlicky sauce with lots of deboned frog legs.

Try the local wine from the restaurant owner. Good friendly service. Lovely family run restaurant.

Before you leave, go the tolets and discover a unique submarine type toilets that is quite a piece.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

This restaurant has a nice ambiance and was filled with people, most of them germans and other tourists. The food was nothing special, expensive and without finesse, more the german way of cooking. The wines totally overpriced. The foie gras was good. The service was unpersonal and too quick. We payed (2 persons) 120 including a bottle of wine, but without dessert. I felt sick the day after. Reading now another review, I suppose they don't work clean in the kitchen! Be aware!