“Goldenville was the perfect way to relax and...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Sand beach cottage

Bathroom Bedroom.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Bathroom
Bedroom.
Gas BBQ on the back porch
Rental canoe and kayak.
Paddle and motor boat.
Kitchenette.
Sunset view from the cottage.
Northern bank in the sunset.
Bedroom.
Kids beach in front of cottage #6.
Woodstove private sauna.
Stars over Golden Lake.
Picnic spot and outdoor fireplace on the lake.
Woodstove sauna. Steam room.
Game room.
Kids playground.
Canoe trip in the sunset.
Volleyball court and basketball ring.
Spring at our  place.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Graham N
New York City, New York
“Goldenville was the perfect way to relax and enjoy the woods for a few days.”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

My girlfriend and I stayed at Alex's resort for a few days in late September and boy, what can I say. First off, the scenery was beautiful. Staying at Goldenville was like camping with all the amenities. Our cabin (all the cabins) are set a mile or two out of town deep in the woods right on a beautiful lake. The stars shine brightly every night and night time was a favorite of ours. Dusk and dawn are not to be missed as the colors reflect off the lake. Second, even though Alex takes care of the cabins with his wife, she was on vacation during our stay. But still, Alex flawlessly handled all of our communications prior to arrival. He was incredibly friendly and even cooked us a fantastic dinner (the Russian apple drink is something I think I'll try to get the recipe for).

The cabins themselves are all prepared for your arrival. They come with wood stoves for heat as well as cooking utensils and dishes. They're quite nice and comfortable and the trip was a great way for us to explore the Ottawa Valley (definitely visit nearby Algonquin park) and be surrounded by the changing leaves. If you need anything, Alex was just a phone call away.

We ourselves were too busy to take advantage of the kayak rentals and whatnot but the property is set up well for children and for groups with a few game courts, bikes for kids, volleyball courts, and boat rentals. There's even a Russian sauna that looked pretty interesting but unfortunately we didn't have the time for it.

All in all I couldn't have asked for a better way to experience the Canadian woods in without actually camping.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Our fantastic apple drink and how the property is surrounded on all sides by the trees.
Liked least: Nearby Killaloe doesn't have much in the way of food. There's a town that's a bit farther that's much better equipped though.
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
13 Oct 2013
Hi Graham, and thank you so much for that beautiful review. Your opinion is really important for us and we will be happy to see you and your friends again to take advantages of kayak rental and hot leaves treatment in the Russian sauna. Alex.
Bardonia

Reviewed 22 June 2013 for a stay in July 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Ottawa
Reviewed 22 June 2013 for a stay in July 2012
person found this review helpful

Fair Lawn
Reviewed 21 June 2013 for a stay in July 2012

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing