“Go there!”
Review of Le Brasseur

Le Brasseur
Reserve with
Le Brasseur is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 45 Restaurants in Maarssen
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

One of my favourite spots as a local. You will be surprised by the nice place outside, the good food, the great olive oil and good waiters. The food is delicious, ask for the chefs deserts, he won a price with it! You will love this place.

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

I visited this establishment with a business friend and it started out perfectly nice on the terrace next to the canal. Sun was shining a good beer and glass of wine. We were helped by a young man who just started so wasn’t up to speed yet but charming and helpful. One other waitress was also pleasant enough. But one waitress had an attitude and that is just not acceptable in the hospitality industry.

The ‘what a shame’ part came when we moved inside as it was getting chilly. The inside is great, like a big classic living room. Lots of wood, nice decorations. Nothing wrong with that. We ordered the Bavette and duck liver. In itself nothing wrong with the dish (apart from the livers that were prepared in a way that made me think if they forgot something) the meat was ok but not like an angel was dancing on my tongue. The beer was excellent (good selection of both wines and beers). The desert, and here it comes, took 25 minutes to order as the waitresses could not be interested. Even when I, myself, started getting annoyed and putting up my hand 6 times after my friend tried to do it less aggressive. When I finally got the attention the excuse (which I will not mention as it was not the one you expect from personnel in the hospitality field) gave me a bad feeling. And she was noticeably annoyed and service went backwards. Luckily the desert was excellent and the coffee as well. I would have given it a 4 if service was better and the meat was prepared better. Shame because it is a gem. Great location.

1  Thank daxc
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

A nice and cosy restaurant, located in the old centre of Maarssen next to the water. Friendly staff, good food and excellent wine. Would come back here again.

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

I visited here fo dinner with 14 person in January 2017. Service was really friendly, food was really good and everything worked well. Food was high quality and portions were big enough.

Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

The first visit to this restaurant was no disappointment. The menu is a la carte or surprise menu. We decided to take a la carte. A mustard soup which was really nice. As entree we decided to take fish. Also this was very tastefull. Friendly waiters. So a nice Sunday afternoon.