All reviewscob cottageself cateringbird lifeperfect placelong weekendfront of the housede hoopget away from it allspecies of birdsexcellent accommodationthe ownerandreboathousebreakawayfishingshopwinery
Reviewed 5 May 2016

Great! Some of my friends just complained about staff spoiling the fresh morning air with cigaret smoke. Other than that, perfect
The property is very well maintained. Peaceful with great views. I would suggest maybe having canoes availible for guests.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TidesRiverLodge, Manager at Tides River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Tides. We appreciate your input and we hope that you would visit us again.

Reviewed 2 May 2016

Just spent a really enjoyable weekend at The Tides. Beautiful lush lawns rolling down to the river - such a peaceful spot. The trip over the river on the pont was enjoyed by everyone - not something one does everyday! Andre was extremely accommodating and helped make us feel at home immediately. Would recommend a trip to The Tides for anyone who is keen to get away from it all.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TidesRiverLodge, Manager at Tides River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Tides. We hope you will return to Tides River Lodge on your next trip.

Andre

Reviewed 17 April 2016

I cannot speak highly enough of this place. It is an oasis of calm and natural beauty on the banks of the Breede River. The rooms are very clean, light and airy and have all amenities required. I enjoyed my visit immensely and I will come back next time I am in SA.

Room Tip: The boathouse would make a great honeymoon suite!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2016

We stayed as a couple in The Boathouse for 4 nights and it was perfect! It has a fully equipped kitchen including a cooker, microwave, fridge and freezer along with crockery, cutlery etc. It had both a king\double and single bed. We only needed the king\double which was extremely comfortable. Along with a fantastic shower i the ensuite bathroom, there was also a lounge area with chairs and sofa and DSTV- not that we needed to watch TV as there's always something to do on the Breede and this is perfectly located to take advantage of it! The staff headed up by Andre were extremely helpful and friendly and the whole of Tides is kept in tip-top condition. I highly recommend people to stay here- thanks Andre and all at Tides.

Room Tip: All the accommodation was fantastic
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
TidesRiverLodge, Manager at Tides River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2016

Hi Winston

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your recommendation of Tides and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us.

Andre and Staff

Reviewed 10 April 2016

I attended a wedding at Tides recently that I partly organized. Nothing was a problem for the manager (Andre) and his staff were extremely helpful. The venue itself is an amazing site and very relaxing. I will go back there anytime - to organize a party or maybe just go and relax and listen to all beautiful birds singing!

Room Tip: great views and speacious
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for the kind words, we appreciate your review. Hope to see you back at Tides soon.

Andre