“Worst snorkelling trip of my life”

Arrows Dive Centre Bali
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Arrows Dive center are PADI 5 STAR Dive Center S-23524. Jalan Mawar Lovina North Bali. Our Dive Centre is one of the dive operators in Lovina. We offer scuba diving and snorkeling for water sports enthusiasts of all levels.
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

No instructions were given to the group so people kept hitting coral left and right with their fins. Not only did the guide not say anything to them but he himself was touching coral and bothering fish both voluntarily and involuntarily (every once in a while he would dive, turn belly up and hit coral with his fins and back). I don't expect this business will last them long as the sea is full of plastic, large parts of the coral are already dead and they are helping destroy what's left.

Arrows_dive_centre, Manager at Arrows Dive Centre Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry for your uncomfortable trip with us.
At Arrows dive, we ask good communication and dive skills from our guides. We have discussed your feedback with our guide and he will improve himself further in the near future.

All reviews
"the great barrier reef"
"excellent diving"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 19 May 2018

I did my Advanced Open Water certification with Arrows Dive Centre in April 2018, and found them exceptionally professional, yet the right amount of relaxed at the same time. My husband dived for a day as well, and found the same.

Dive staff were very accommodating in terms of the units I wanted to do, and were flexible with allowing my husband to accompany us on the second day of diving, so he could get some diving in too.

Gear was all in excellent condition. Dive shop and facilities (air fills, etc) were all in great shape. Meals during dive trips/days were all fantastic.

Diving off Lavina was ok, diving at Manjungan Island was much better. Electric clams were a nice finish on the last dive - hadn't seen those elsewhere before.

Arrows Dive worked in seamlessly with The Lovina Bali resort, where we were staying. Makes it very easy and appealing for a return trip and dive in the future. Daughter babysat at resort while we were both diving on the second day - an excellent service as well (no stress leaving our daughter with the fabulous and trustworthy resort staff).

We'll look to do the wreck next time, and definitely will dive with Arrows again.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I wanted to make my Padi Open Water Certification in Bali and found this school on TripAdvisor. I must say, it was excellent service, very well organized and a friendly instructor. I was lucky to be alone in a group because it is off season, so absolutely excellent training.
We saw lots of nice fish, corals and an Octopus! Amazing
The guide always collected plastic that he found under water. Well done.

The only thing I did not realise is that I had to study for the test by myself (self study). It worked fine as they give you a lot of theory during the day.

Should I ever be up here again, I would dive with then again.

The material is in very good condition!

Reviewed 20 April 2018

We went diving with Arrows Dive Centre Bali last week.

Don't search for another dive centre if you're staying in Lovina. Arrows Dive was the most relaxed and laidback diving i've ever experienced. Their knowledge is excellent and the service is great.

They picked us up from the villa where we we're staying and took us to the harbor. From there we took a boatride to Menjangan island. Our group consisted of 2 open water, 2 DSD and snorkler. Just so that the snorkler wouldn't be on his own all the time, the DSD (2 dives) was shared with two persons. They arranged 1 DM for the fun dives, one instructor for the DSD and one snorkling guide in total as staff. All the staff was great. They we're friendly, funny and veeeeeeeery laidback, which made the trip absolutely perfect.

Menjangan island is a great dive spot in the north of Bali, it's part of a marine park so the fauna and flora is simply amazing.

If you're considering a dive in the north of Bali, don't hesitate to long and just go with Arrows!

A big thumbs up to the crewmembers Buda, Mahmud and Bikul. You guys gave us a really good time during the trip. Thank you so much!

Plus: if you are Belgian or Dutch you should definitly check this place out. The comedian Jan Jaap Van der Wal did his open water course here and left a dutch note for other tourtists to read ;)