Reviews (1 027)
1 027 results
All reviews sports bar golf course afternoon tea junior suite pro shop golf break spa hotel swimming pool course meal leisure facilities round of golf golf club sauna and steam room dressing gowns great golf standard room relaxing break
46 - 51 of 1 027 reviews
Reviewed 5 June 2018

In the whole the Barnham Broom Hotel facility is very good. However the Sports Bar lets it down time and time again. Having been a Health Club member for 7 years+ I am frequently disappointed with a) lack of service b) poor food (very poor in fact). There never seems to be anyone in charge, lots of turnover of staff, bar left unattended time and time again, dirty tables. I could go on on. The Brasserie is a different matter and is everything it should be. Please can Management ensure quality throughout the whole hotel

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank seanlansom
ShaunVanLooy, General Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Dear seanlansom, I hope we have made contact to discuss your frustrations and rest assured this area is getting the desired management focus and we are also working on a new menu.

I have to say, for the volume of guests and members that use the Sports Bar for their casual dining, we do get very little negativity - but apologise if you have had a recent bad experience.

Shaun

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

I had Ollie on Monday 28th May, he was really friendly and very attentive to are table.The food was outstanding and we both enjoyed are stay and would highly recommend to others. Can’t wait to come back in summer.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
ShaunVanLooy, General Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear meganjones2018, thanks so much for giving us your review and I'll certainly pass on your comments to Ollie and our Chef James.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Barnham Broom Hotel Golf & Spa didn’t disappoint for our Summer Ball. Staff were fantastic, food was great and the surroundings over looking the golf course were beautiful.. the hotel had an intimate feel not like a big corporate hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
ShaunVanLooy, General Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Libbyloo12, it was a pleasure to host your ball and so pleased to read you all had a great time. We do hope we can welcome you same time next year.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

This was my first visit to celebrate my husbands birthday with a group of friends. Excellent service and staff, we stayed in a junior suite which was lovely, great food and spa. Would like to give a huge shout out to Kieran who looked after us all whilst we had our meal on Sunday evening. Also Scott who made sure everything was ok, all the staff do a great job. Theodora in the spa, thank you so much for a great massage and facial, I would def return. Great golf course too

Stayed: May 2018
ShaunVanLooy, General Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear _sarniebryant, thanks for leaving us your review and I will pass on to those highlighted. Great to read you had a fab time and we do hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

A group of four ladies checked in for a spa break. First impressions...wonderful! Lovely grounds with amazing views over the extensive golf course. Very clean, well decorated too. The welcome from the reception desk was friendly. We had our spa treatments first, the spa area is well stocked with Espa products with nice seating area. The friendly spa girls welcomed us and took us in for our massages...amazing! Up there with one of the best massages I’ve had.
The bedrooms were basic but had everything you need and were well kept and clean. They came with a safe and small fridge.
The seating areas inside the hotel are very comfortable with a mix of large sofas and armchairs, there were quite a few people staying in the hotel that night and the atmosphere was great. Whenever a member of staff walked by they would always acknowledge you or ask if you were ok. We were after a pack of playing cards..hats off to Ben from the bar area for finding us a pack after much searching!
The view from the seating area outside on the patio is amazing, the golf course is a beautiful back drop. The sun was shining and the cocktails were the finishing touch ( 2 for £10 between 5-7).
We had a meal in the brassiere the ambience was good and the food was very tasty. The brasserie manager made sure everyone was happy.
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel the service was the best.
I have dropped one star as the swimming pool area was disappointing. If you are there on a spa break you want a lounger or chair where you can read your book and for peace and quiet. This was far from that expectation..there were no loungers or chair as they were taken by lots of kids!! It was so noisy too! I get that the pool is part of a leisure center but I’m not sure that that is what you expect from a spa break?

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Emma O, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us your review and I will make sure this is shared with the team - in particular those you have highlighted.

Just to let you know we are waiting on some new loungers for our poolside, so not only will we have more available, but they will be much better quality.

We hope you can visit again....