Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
Free cancellation until 21/08/07
PricelineUS$20
eDreamsUS$25
Agoda.com
All reviews pool access frosted glass hotel is centrally located top floor day bed third floor lovely hotel walking street huge bed restaurants and bars nice pool restaurant staff east beach breakfast was included balcony railay monkeys
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2021 via mobile

We had a lovely time staying at Avatar, the hotel is centrally located; a few steps from the pier and a few minutes walk to the walking street ( where most of the restaurants and bars are at ) and very close walk to both Pra Nang beach ( highly recommend and my favourite beach there ) and the main Railay beach.
The room was very nice and clean and has a great day bed on the balcony, only downside is that there is not much privacy for the toilet since it is just a glass door ( yes still has one of those sticker shield but you don’t get that privacy feel when you’re doing your business ) and no lock .
Breakfast was not too impressive as it is the same set menu which you basically have to eat the same thing everyday ( only difference would be the style of egg you choose ), however the meals from their main menu is tasty and affordable.
All the staffs we have encountered are very friendly and helpful.
One letdown and the reason why I did not give it a 5 star was that it’s mentioned that it’s an “Adult Only” resort ( which is one of the reason why we chose to stay here as we want to stay away from family hotels ) but there was a family with kids staying at the rooms next to us where they were making quite abit of noise and kids being very loud :(

Apart from that would definitely recommend to stay here if you’re looking. For a clean, well located and affordable place to stay in Railay.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2020 via mobile

We enjoyed a 2 night stay in a pool access room and recommend these rooms as they are were very spacious, modern and clean. Had a few encounters with monkeys trying to get in the room but all good fun. Staff on check were friendly and helpful. Rooms cleaned daily. Really enjoyed the guitarist/singer in the gardens each evening and the relaxed vibe of the hotel. Breakfast was included and was very average but would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank coo86h
Reviewed 19 March 2020 via mobile

We enjoyed a villa, and the truth was that the room was huge. The staff was unfriendly, cold and distant ... something we don't usually find in Thailand! The restaurant was terrible, they took a long time to attend you even if we were alone in the whole place... a change in staff attitude is necessary!!!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank RaquelOG
Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

Pros:-The room with pool access was really nice!!!

-Excellent location!

-Monkeys come out around the trees by the pool area in the afternoon!

Cons:

-The resturant staff!!! Paying more attention to the customers rather then being on their phones or just hanging out, a smile and not having an attitude when you ask for something would be great.

-The younger girls who work at the front desk although they are very helpful, tend to talk to each other in front of you laughing and saying things you can't understand whether good or bad. You don't need to speak the language to know when someone is talking about you. It's unprofessional & disrespectful.

-The clothes rack outside of my room was missing so I couldn't hang clothes or towels, replacing it would make a big difference.

-I needed to print a visa, and although they have a computer room with printer for guests to use, the printer would not work. I asked the staff for assistance and they tried to fix it but couldnt. I asked if I could use the computer in the front desk to access my visa since its not something I would be able to email so that I could print it there and the girl told me no sorry. First hotel I've ever stayed where they would not help me out by printing it in their front desk and I would of paid too if I had to.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Matias_Aybar
Reviewed 29 February 2020

Pro: amazing modern and woodern room with lovely shower, and gigantic double bed!
Pro: Pool just amazing, perfect. We had a pool access room which was just to die for.
Pro: Evening guitarist/performer kept the place lively and took requests.
Pro: The room's AC is so powerful. It's amazing, it can be 35 degrees C outside and like 15C in the room.

Con: Staff attitudes were hit and miss. Some spoke bad english, others were quite rude i.e. not smiling and then others were very polite and said thank you a lot.
Con: Be aware of the mokeys! Monkeys in their natural habitat inhibit this part of Krabi and are known to come to the pool/room areas. Make sure you lock your pool access door when you leave the room or the monkeys will come inside!
Con: food was not good. I could only stomach it because I was very hungry. It's the main thing that lets the place down. The cocktails and the lasagne was very nice though.

Room tip: Just get a pool access room. Honestly just do it. It's so nice.
Date of stay: January 2020