Lowest prices for your stay
US$58
Free cancellation until 21/06/25
Hotels.com
US$48
Free cancellation until 21/06/26
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
PricelineUS$58
CheapTicketsUS$48
Reviews (2 002)
2 002 results
All reviews superior bungalow walking street grand deluxe railay west air con golf cart long tail boat egg station beach front buffet breakfast krabi airport high season phi phi only accessible by boat sun loungers rock climbing phra nang beach
Selected filters
40 - 45 of 2 002 reviews
Reviewed 25 September 2019

1. The staff are the main problem in this place. they have a bad temper and arn't kind at all, they luagh at you in thai, they play dumb to any request in english and act like the dont understand in order to make you give up. but when they want to charge you or explain about the check out the become english speakers.
2. the room is very old fashion, the bathroom looks like a bathroom in an army base, the sink and shower are rusty.
3. I asked the bar for a glass with ice and they charged me extra!!! insane.
4. the pool is dirty, no service for drinks and snacks.
5. the view is the only good thing about this hotel but all hotels in railay enjoy the same view.

They dont deserve our money.

Date of stay: September 2019
4  Thank Johny140988
187marketings, General Manager at Sand Sea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2019

Dear Johny140988,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Sand Sea Resort.

At the outset, we are sorry to read about your comments with regards to the room , services and be assured that they have been addressed accordingly.

Please, feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I can do to further assist you with. .

Regards,

Reviewed 16 September 2019

Railay Beach was the last stop on our month long trip and I chose this hotel because of the location it's right on the beach and for those who have not travelled to this part of Thailand krabi is stunning. We arrived from the Phi phi islands to railay east and the resort is located on the west beach. It takes about 5 minutes to walk to the other side but it had been raining so the pathway was flooded in parts and it was difficult carrying our suitcases as they were quite heavy. When we arrived check in was easy and a welcome drink is provided. We payed a little extra to stay in one of the bungalows and ours was situated close to the beach and reception. The bungalow was large and roomy but I have to agree with other reviews I think now that they are past their sell by date and in desperate need of refurbishment. The furniture is shabby and dated and the bathrooms are old and tired.
The hotels restaurant is right on the beach and we ate there once and to be honest the food was not very good considering it's way more expensive than the restaurants in walking street I would of expected better. Lower your prices and serve better food and it could be really nice.
The pool area is nice and especially the beds which are front row but unfortunately the weather was absolutely terrible the whole 6 days we were there it didn't stop raining so we spent little or no time round the pool or beach. For the location I would stay here again but not during the rainy season as there is little to do in Railay itself and the journey from railay to the airport was horrendous we got absolutely soaked and so did our luggage

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank NadineD123

Dear NadineD123,

We thank you very much for staying at Sand Sea Resort during your recent visit to Railay, Krabii. and are pleased that you have taken the time for sharing your comments in Tripadvisor. It is through valuable comments like your very own that we can improve our services & facilities.

It is indeed with much regret to note that you were not completely satisfied with our services & facilities. We do wish to extend our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience that you encountered during your stay. The mentioned matters will be shared with our team concerned for further improvement.

Regards,

Reviewed 13 September 2019 via mobile

nice hotel with very big rooms and balcony, giant triple king size beds.
monkey that comes to the balcony so it's very cool.
in the room everything you need to beach activity, towels, slippers, sand blankets and more.
recommended!!!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
187marketings, General Manager at Sand Sea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2019

Dear ronix777,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay at Sand Sea Resort Railay Beach. I am delighted to hear that your experience with us was wonderful in every regard.

I hope that it will not be too long before we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Railay, Krabi again.

Regard

Reviewed 9 September 2019

Sand Sea Resort is a lovely place and so much so I have booked again to stay there in April 2020, it has everything you could want, nice clean rooms, seconds from an amazing beach, good pools, loads of deck lounges and a great restaurant for breakfast, we never had lunch or Dinner as we explored other cafes and bars

Room tip: they are all very close to the pools and the beach if you get a bad room it would literally be seconds away from a great room
Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank Glenn R

Dear Glenn R,

I am delighted that you had such a wonderful stay at Sand Sea Resort and thank you most sincerely for your high praise.

We all hope to welcome you back

Regard,

Reviewed 12 August 2019 via mobile

Overall we enjoyed our 2 night stay at SandSea.

Pros:
We stayed in the newish block, the room was clean and spacious
Decent amount of hot water
The pool is clean and well located
The view and the location to the beach overall is fantastic
Eating breakfast right at the edge of the beach
We didnt mind at all that the resort is alcohol free

Cons:
The room lighting was non existent and no bedside lights at all
The bed was very hard.. and I like a firm bed
The aircon was really noisy
The breakfast buffet was mostly cold ...the egg station was good
The lounger situation with all loungers reserved from 9am with a towel/book/water and yet no one actually using them

Service:
This is where the biggest improvements can be made. I just get the impression they have your money (and its not cheap to stay here) so don't need to make an effort.
We had some bad news and needed to cut our stay short by 1 day. This was upsetting but when I went to see reception at 8pm to ask about their refund policy I was initially met with "no, i can't do anything, come back at 9 or 10 tomorrow". This was despite being told reception was open 24/7 for everything. I stood my ground and was eventually granted a refund for one night which I am very appreciative of, however the run around wasn't very nice to go through.
The pool guy was very helpful, the golf cart guy who dropped us to the wharf on leaving was pretty rude.
We also used the hotel to book a ferry to Phuket and he tried to rip us off by 200TB . When we said the hotel next door would look after us, he quickly revised his pricing to what the rest of Railay was charging - just a bit dodgy.

I can put up with a hard bed but poor service will stay with you and prevent you from returning.

I wish the resort all the best in a competitive environment.

Date of stay: August 2019
8  Thank MeredithC398

Dear MeredithC398,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am pleased to read that our facilities and services had contributed to a memorable stay. Your review is valuable to us and will be shared with my associates to ensure that we continue to provide exceptional services and improve on areas which will make your next stay more memorable.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit soon

Regard,