US$172
Hotels.com
US$153
US$142
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$159/night.

US$235
US$228
US$188
US$150
All reviewssea eaglesfishstunning scenerymiso souptripfjordsilence
Reviewed 12 December 2017

Brilliant sea eagle safari on the fastest boat on the planet. Stopping in a fjord to listen to the silence was magical. Wonderful fish soup and home-made bread for lunch. Worth the 5000 mile journey from the USA!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2017

We enjoyed a fantastic boat trip getting up close and personal to these fantastic birds. The Sea Eagles are the most incredible birds to see the so close swooping down for fish was an experience not to forget. This was also accompanied by stunning scenery and other birds along our trip. Our trip was topped of by finishing with a delicious bowl of fish soup.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nicola543
Reviewed 26 January 2017

I Booked this location as a Celebration of reaching my 60th Birthday and thought I would treat my partner to a dream holiday as she is looking after 2 special needs girls. Only a short distance from the Airport the minibus ended up overturned in a ditch thankfully not seriously injured but shaken up. I would recommend anyone wanting to travel to this accommodation during the Winter Months to take Public Transport and Taxi as from my experience it is a lot safer. Accommodation is Clean and homely with Great views over the water to the surrounding mountains and the Dining Room is spacious with lovely views. Rib trip to see the Eagles and surrounding area is spectacular however disappointed regarding limited amount of fish taken to attract them. At the time of our visit there was building work right outside our room which resulted in quite a bit of noise and access to part of the decking was blocked due to scaffolding .

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Martin T
Reviewed 22 August 2016

The most spectacular place, what a shame every meal has to be deep fried, the smell of fat surrounds the place.
They supposedly shut the kitchen at ten at night, only that is not so, so you stay awake untill the smell and noice die down, in the wee hours that is.
Tv reception: German channels only.

Room Tip: Best right on the seafront.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Berit V
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I made a reservation for this "Sjous" in January, in order to assure me a pleasant stay in this beautiful place. When I arrived, after a rather long trip, the receptionist at first gave me a key, probably thinking I was someone else, then decided to check on the computer. Then she said "Oh you have an apartment... We have many aparments in the whole island... please wait". She then disappeared, but I heard she started making a few phone calls.

After a while, she came back and told me: "Your apartment is near Straume, just 12 kilometers from here...". I couldn't believe my ears and said: "But I made a 175 € reservation for an apartment in THIS place! ". She replied:"Sorry but we're full". They evidently had overbooked the available aparments. More disbelief:"And what am I supposed to do? ". She took a piece of paper a started drawing a map:" When in Straume, after the crossroads you'll find a red house"... Almost in a state of shock:"What if I don't find the right house? ".

She disappeared again to make further phone calls, then returned:"Go to Straume's COOP Store and ask of...(name of a woman)" . The whole thing became more and more surreal and, having no alternatives, paid the 175 €, went in search of this woman and stayed in this red house that could not absolutely be compared to the Ringstad Sjous apartment (I later discovered it cost less than 100 €): the bathroom was downstairs and very steep steps led to the 3 bedrooms. We even had to make our beds (Photos available). So... BEWARE!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends