All reviews bircher muesli electric shutters hams bottled water smoked salmon fresh fruit mini bar landlady germany
Reviewed 20 October 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights after a touring holiday of Italy and we are so glad we did. Our room was fabulous - large with all mod cons as expected in Germany & supremely comfortable (especially the bed). There was a mini bar with very reasonably priced drinks (max 3 euros for beers, wines etc) & the first drink each was complimentary. Chocolates were brought to our room one afternoon & there was bottled water & crisps to also enjoy. Electric shutters ensured the room was dark & TV had English speaking channels for news etc. The highlight of our stay was breakfast which was the best we've ever had in Germany (including a stay at the Crowne Plaza Heidelberg!). We had scrambled eggs & bacon cooked to order & the clod table had a wide range of cheeses, hams & also smoked salmon. There was fresh fruit., good quality breads & rolls, cereals, yoghurts, bircher muesli, cakes, croissants, jams etc - everything was top quality. we also booked packed lunch for our journey back to Europort & were not disappointed with this either. We only wished they offered evening meals as we would have loved to eat here then also. The staff were very helpful & friendly & the manageress/owner was absolutely lovely. This will be our first choice when touring again - we were sad to have to leave!!!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rossies
Reviewed 25 May 2017

If you are traveling the Romantic Road in Bavaria, you could not do better than to take a small detour to stay at this delightful small inn. From the delicious breakfast with eggs to order--The housemade bircher meusli is the best I've ever had--to the beautifully appointed rooms everything is geared to welcome and comfort you. Pastries to welcome you, a box of chocolates, and a free welcome drink from the well-stocked refrigerator in your room are all part of the experience, carefully orchestrated by the friendly English-speaking operator Manuela Engelhard. I was in the area to research family history in nearby Bopfingen, but would love to come back with more time to explore the area. I will certainly return to this lovely hotel in Kirchheim am Ries. I cannot say enough good things about it. I agree with the other reviewers that you cannot do better.

Date of stay: May 2017
2  Thank Carol M
Reviewed 7 January 2017

The rooms are very modern. The service is great and you get the best breakfast in this area. I've been in this hotel regularly and I clearly recommend it for both business and leisure. I had the luck to stay in many rooms and suites of Landhotel Garni Engelhard and I was always positively surprised how clean and in perfect shape the rooms are. The only negative thing is that there was no fitness room at the time I was there. If I will spend some time in the area again I will definitively go for this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2016

We stayed at this hotel 1 night on our Romantic Road escapade. We cannot say enough about this great place. Starting with the owner/operator, Manuela, who superbly oversaw all aspects of the hotel. The room was flawless and has all amenities even a sound system that you can plug your iPod in. The breakfast was full course and includes individual cooked eggs and bacon! For a small hotel, it has all the services even a business center.

If you were looking for a place to settle in as starting point to explore the area, you must stay at this place.

Room tip: There is a church nearby which has a bell tower. Keep the windows closed if you do not want to be awaken by church bells ringing.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2016

Wow - this place is outstanding in every way. Everything is immaculate, clean and tidy. Everything works. Nothing is a problem. The owner is incredibly helpful, and speaks English. The breakfast was sooo tasty! After staying here, I wouldn't hesitate to stay anywhere else - it's a winner! There is not one negative thing I can think of.

Room tip: The garden rooms are the best!!
Date of stay: September 2016