“Friday tea”

The Woolpack
Ranked #88 of 125 Restaurants in Rossendale
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were on a walk n just popped in for a bite to eat....we were not disappointed....gud wholesome grub yum yum

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Went for a quick bite to eat and a drink. The pub was very clean and tastefully decorated, Friendly atmosphere and the staff were welcoming. Our food was well presented, well cooked and was delicious BUT..mine was almost cold. I have noticed a lot of pubs/restaurants seem to serve food that itsn't hot enough and this was probably one of the worst. I was starving and ate everything but I suppose I could have asked for my meal to be warmed up a bit. The choice of menu wasn't extensive and I think thats a good thing. Just plain, delicious food , the sort of thing I really like. Would go again and would mention it, if my meal wasn;t hot enough. Worth a visit. Thumbs up from me.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

We visited the pub after a refurbishment. We were warmly welcomed by the landlady and her staff. We decided to try out the menu and were surprised at the variety of choice and the value for money.
We were not rushed to make our decision and struggled with the choices available.
Our main course of cheese and onion pie and a steak and Stilton pie exceeded our expectations and the portions were more than ample. Our decision to have a sweet was a tough one but having looked at the menu chose a syrup sponge and an ice cream...again both excellent value. I can highly recommend the wool pack for its food and the recent refurbishment has made for a relaxing environment.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We visited the Woolpack after a late morning's shopping, the pub was quiet on the food side but a few punters were having a lunchtime pint. Staff very friendly specially the landlady who came and greeted us before she went off to do some ordering for the business. We ordered soft drinks plus the gammon, egg and chips and the scampi. The food took a while to arrive but we were in no hurry, when it turned up it was freshly made, piping hot. and nicely presented. We had thought that we would not bother with the desserts but the puds sucked us in!!! one sticky toffee pud and one ginger sponge pud, both with custard, which is the best touch and does not seem to appear too often on pub menus. Desserts arrived really hot - so while it cooled a bit I had a quick look round this old stone built imposing building, interior much changed from our last visit many moons ago, very tastefully decorated in muted colours, nice carpeting, tables pristine and polished,open fireplaces a nice touch, clean, sparkling toilets ( you know what we women are like about these) and overall a lovely homely feel to the place,. highly recommended.

1  Thank Iloveitaly65
Reviewed 17 November 2017

My wife and I called in after shopping on Sunday.

We were warmly welcomed by the friendly young lady behind the bar.

We were left in peace to decide what we wished to order and I chose the traditional rag pudding and my wife the steak and ale pie (homemade as all pies they serve are); both were excellent as was the beer which we had with our meals.

Not great ambience but it's a pub serving good food and good beers not a 5* restaurant.