21 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$564
2 106
1 301
2 106
1 301
All reviews water sports piccolo mondo rainbow garden ocean side a la carte beachfront room beach front st james's club all inclusive package per person shirley heights royal suite tennis courts nightly entertainment great resort burger catamaran trip
Selected filters
7 - 12 of 4 114 reviews
Reviewed 3 April 2021

I am a healthcare worker and an effort to decompress from COVID fatigue, I got my vaccine and began the hunt for my “dream” vacation spot.

Finding a direct flight from NY- JFK to somewhere was important to me to minimize exposure.
Antigua! 4 ½ hours! The country/airport is small, clean and VERY COVID conscience.
Now for the resort. I wanted a resort that was all-inclusive, with water activities on the ocean or the bay and of course a beautiful sandy beach. That perfectly describes the St. James Club Resort. It is a fabulous, secluded 100-acre resort that sits on a peninsula on the southeastern coast of Antigua. It is approximately 20 minutes away by taxi and when you arrive you feel you entered heaven. The temperature here is 70-80 degrees F all year long with a constant breeze.

The property is extremely well manicured with exotic trees, plants and fragrant flowers.
The 5 swimming pools are cooling and pristine, the tennis court is immaculate, the spa amazing and the dining facilities are extremely inviting.

I arrived with my guest, and we were promptly greeted, the baggage’s were cleaned, hands sterilized, temperature checked both at the gate and at the guest services desk. They graciously upgraded us from a (2) double bed standard room to a (2) bedroom villa! It was an amazing villa but a bit far from the main areas of the resort. We approached the duty manager, Khadijah, and she was the most gracious and accommodating manager I have encountered. She offered us a (1) bedroom Junior Suite overlooking the ocean that had a pullout couch and full kitchen. It had breathtaking views and it was perfect!! It was within steps to the dining areas, the pool, the two beaches and coffee hut. Khadijah was extremely thoughtful, and this room exceeded our expectations. The décor needs a bit of a face lift, but during these economic times I was sincerely grateful to have such a fantastic room!

A few of the many standouts include the boat ride for snorkeling which included a delicious lunch, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and views that are unparalleled. The crews’ energy was uplifting, and you were really able to leave your COVID cares behind you. Special thanks to Ernest our captain and all the staff on the boat that entertained us which brought huge smiles to our faces.

A must! Morning aqua-aerobic classes are the way to start your day! A special “Thank you” to Rasaheed and Tamara. You woke my spirit up! Thank you!

The dining areas though limited during this time were fabulous. The food was always fresh and the staff were all very careful and caring to make sure you were fully accommodated. There is a daily theme for buffet dinners which was very carefully planned, and you always had something wonderful to feast on. Do try the house wine it really is quite good with dinner. The buffet was not self serve, they had wait staff to assist you. It was extremely Covid safe.

Lunch is either a buffet salad bar facing the bay or eating at the grill on the bay. The Grill was my favorite place, due try the Taco salad, the special drink of the day. All the wait staff were terrific and a special thanks to Cleopatra, Romaine, Zariah, Sarafina, Tamara, Allajah for making my week so special! The bar staff was always upbeat and willing to guide you to fabulous new drink. Do try the local Rum! They also sell it at the gift shoppe! Don’t forget to check out the coffee hut by the reception building! The coffee is from Italy and absolutely the best coffee! The snacks and deserts are also always available, and all included in the price!

In conclusion, I am most definitely returning to this bit of heaven. It was exactly what I needed to escape and recharge my batteries. Since coming back, I am already planning for my next visit! Thank you again to the entire staff at St. James!

Room tip: Villa areas are quiet and located near the bay beaches great for families.
Date of stay: March 2021
2  Thank MidlifeTravelling
Reviewed 22 March 2021 via mobile

Traveled mid March with my hubby and 19 year old daughter. Got a great deal and used my JetBlue vacations credit from a canceled Punta Cana trip last July. Antigua is a gorgeous island and we definitely are planning to go back. One of the best things about St. James club is that it’s on a peninsula so there’s an ocean side beach and a bay side beach. We booked a ground floor ocean side room but when we got there and were taken to our room on check in we found we had been upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa on the bay side. It was huge and so great to have our own bedroom and bathroom and a huge patio on the beach. Every person working at St James Club is nicer than the next and become like family. We especially became close with Orlando our golf cart driver and Dane our beach cart bartender. Both the best. The grounds are lush with tons of palm trees. Although only 2 restaurants were open, the food was delicious and a different menu every night (alternating between the sit down and buffet). Definitely best food we’ve had at an all inclusive. They were following every safety protocol. No entertainment at night, the one bar/lounge was open to 11pm every night no music. We didn’t mind much. We are mainly beach people and not late nighters. We did one fun excursion called power 360 catamaran cruise. Saw a few of the many small islands and had open bar and yummy lunch. The St James club did have a few activities going on each day as well as the hobie cats, paddle boards, etc being available, tennis, pickle ball and gym was open. My daughter and I had massages at the spa outdoors which were great and covid priced half off. So worth it. I would highly recommend. Most of the beach scenes and sunset are the views from our patio.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Jill E
Reviewed 7 March 2021

As a repeat guest, as is my family, we choose St. James because of so many things; the access to the beach and bay within steps of each other, variety of food is high quality, an incredible spa (comparable with hotels in Europe and Asia) and a significant gym experience .
The spa has an extensive menu, half dozen type of massages and as many treatments plus facials and more. Ceneiva and Ayien are truly gifted masseuses and treatment specialists. My best friend and I splurged and had a treatment each day (after the terrible year of covid) and each one was truly memorable. We both suffer from chronic pain and they worked with us and we left pain-free, we were stunned. We cannot recommend them more highly. They made the whole trip!

Most of all the staff are nicest people you will ever meet. The restaurants are lovely to sit out and enjoy your meals and cocktails, you are never rushed. You can sit inside if you prefer and the tables outside are shaded with wonderful breezes. The grounds are beautiful with picturesque vistas.
They have their own farm, their own water treatment and power. Multiple tennis courts, Hobie cats, sailfish, snorkeling, paddle boats and more. It is a wonderful family experience, or a friends or couple trip. Check out my pics, I have so many more, each is a postcard.

Room tip: If you want to sleep with the sound of the ocean and cool breezes choose beach side.
Date of stay: February 2021
4  Thank patriciamE1838VN
Reviewed 6 March 2021 via mobile

My husband and I traveled to Antigua with 2 other couples and stayed at the St James Club all inclusive resort the last week of February. We all felt they did an exceptional job accommodating the few people who dared travel during this crazy time. We had an updated room facing the Atlantic that was close to everything. The room was cleaned daily and all of the grounds were immaculate. All staff were pleasant, and many had their hours cut or normal jobs changed due to the pandemic. We felt like we had the place to ourselves, we never had to rush to get a table or beach chair; there were always kayaks, sailboats etc available. We were the only ones at many of the small pools but those bars were not open, understandably due to the low volume of guests. The drinks were always flowing and the variety of top shelf drinks was adequate. We were told where we would be eating dinner each night, either dockside grill buffet or the rainbow room but we didn’t mind, because then we didn’t have to decide and worry about reservations. Lunch was at the dockside each day and the coffee shop was another alternative for breakfast or lunch. All of the meals were very good, and the menus were plentiful with variety. We did hire a taxi driver named Leon a couple times to take us out and he was great, explaining the culture and history absolutely full of knowledge. We did a snorkeling excursion on a charter catamaran with “ Catch the Cat” and had a great day at sea with a wonderful lunch. The eve prior to our departure we met at the front desk to have a covid test done which was added to our bills $60 a piece, and the results were printed out for us in the am prior to our departure, easy peasy. I was very impressed with how well they were managing the club during this difficult time. The place was beautiful and I would definitely stay there again. There was not really any entertainment but we were a party of 6 and really just wanted to enjoy our own company, and because of the few guests we talked to many others that were there and a few others went on the excursions they had there and had a great time. The country was in lockdown and had a 6 pm curfew off the resort, we went into st John’s one day and there was only takeout, no bars open and no indoor dining.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank vickic881
Reviewed 27 February 2021

Stayed during Covid in Jan. Low occupancy, but hotel managed it well. On a peninsular with 2 beaches, one facing the sea and one into a protected bay. Choose the sea facing and you'll be away from kids, activities etc.
Excellent facilties on site, tennis, picleball, gym, waterspouts. A set menu which varied each night, and food and service very good. Choice of several different classes of rooms. Choose Royal Suite if you want more adults only experience.
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would recommend to anyone, particularly those looking for an active on=property holiday

Room tip: Pay a bit more and get a better room
Date of stay: January 2021