“Avoid”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Galleon cafe used to be OK and we enjoyed many breakfasts there however our visit this month was awful. English breakfast was absolutely disgusting and completely overpriced. Tables and cutlery are dirty. Husband was instantly ill after eating the pancakes there. No need to go to this cafe as there are many other nicer places in Polzeath (which won’t make you ill!!!)

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Lydia B

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Found this place to be over priced and the quality of food poor compared to other eateries in polzeath. Ordered a fish finger sandwich which cost £6 and was cheap thin white bread with some fish fingers. Not even served on a plate but in a takeaway container when we were eating inside. Drinks were ok and they do offer refills at reduced price. Won't be back to sample any other items on the food menu!

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Charlotte J
Reviewed 28 September 2018

We've had ok but pricey pizza here a few years in a row. Checking my bank statement today from our most recent holiday I can see that they charged me for the pizzas on the day we were there. They then charged me again a few days later! No idea how that worked but it seems dodgy. A few days later they refunded me. This is all via my credit card so I guess they weren't able to contact me to tell me but a) what sort of glitch allows you to recharge customers a few days after they've been there and b) what if they hadn't realised and hadn't refunded? If I go again I'll be paying cash.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Ordered a classic hot dog. Cost £5. Picture included. Went in and said "really this is it for £5" to be told " that's the classic isn't it,yes that's right. Bread dry unable to eat it. Cost me £5 for a cheap sausage. When others asked for salad, they got told..we don't have any it's out of season..I forgot schools restarted today!!!!!!!!!!

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank newdawn24
Reviewed 4 September 2018

This might be in an area where people pay vast amounts to visit but simple manners and friendliness is really not very present. The restaurant waiting area needed cleaning in many ways. The Stone baked pizzas looked good, smelt divine but one came burnt the other cooked but cold in the middle.

Expensive and dirty with manners that need addressing. Visited end august, perhaps thats why!

Date of visit: August 2018