Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
cmaree2021

Great stay at Red Sands Country Lodge

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Oct 2021
What a pleasant oasis when you get to the lodge! We stayed over for 3 nights in a chalet (1 bedroom, but spacious). The kitchen is very well equipped for self catering, but having your meals at the restaurant (where you can also enjoy free wi-fi) is just such a convenient option.
The large patio makes the chalet feel even more spacious. We found all the staff and owner very friendly and helpful. It seems a particularly favorite amongst 4x4 campers as a overnight stop. Would love to go back again.
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
13.9 km from Red Sands Country Lodge
Restaurant
    166.7 km from Red Sands Country Lodge
    View more hotels in Kuruman
    All reviews northern cape self catering private ablution steak the reserve bird life food was great red sand overnight stop great stopover excellent stay many years clean rooms enjoyed our stay comfortable accommodation en route feel welcome
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 17 October 2021

Best stay over on route
    Liked · Clean, spacious, quite and Comfortable rooms - loved the renovation.
    Kitchen and braai clean and well stocked.
    Bathroom neat and clean
    Excellent Restaurant

Disliked · Nothing at all

Reviewed 16 October 2021

Thank you very much again for having my family and I for the weekend. It was truly a special time and Richard and staff made it even more special. I will definitely be recommending Red Sands to those that arr travelling to NC

Reviewed 15 October 2021

Thanks you - your manager delivered great service all the time! We had a great dinner and the breakfast overall was great value. Could be more coffee in the rooms but for the rest all good. Service great

Reviewed 11 October 2021

Stat over after camping in the Richtersveld. 13 hour trip out but well worth it for a much needed comfortable night's rest.
    ACCOMMODATION EXTREMELY CLEAN AND STAFF WELCOMING, EFFICIENT AND FRIENDLY.

Reviewed 6 October 2021

We were booked on 28 September 2021 and we called beforehand and informed the lodge that unfortunately we will book in earlier than expected. On arrival the two front desk ladies were extremely rude and informed me about 5 times that I am early and I responded 5 times and informed them that that is why I called them earlier that morning. They also immediately informed me that the room is not ready and they will then rather refund me. That was ridiculous to say the least. After 5 min the manager (wife of the owner) arrived and informed us that the room was indeed ready and gave us the keys. We were also booked to return to the lodge on 3 October 2021 BUT on 30 September I received an EMAIL informing me that the management (the owner and his wife) decided it will be best to CANCEL MY BOOKING for 3 October and the reason was that we wanted to book in earlier on the 27th of September 2021. Luckily for me I checked my emails!! Otherwise we would end up high and dry at the lodge without a booking. Upon calling the lodge after receiving this shocking email, the front desk informed us that they cannot do anything since it was done (the booking was cancelled). We asked for the owners' number and never received it. The next day the owner called us back and informed us that it was done and that it is water under the bridge. I WILL NEVER EVER STAY THERE AGAIN. THEY ARE ARROGANT AND ACT ENTITLED AND IF THEY ARE DOING YOU A HUGE FAVOUR BY LETTING YOU STAY AT THEIR LODGE (AS IF YOU STAY FOR FREE.......)

Date of stay: September 2021
    Review collected in partnership with this hotel
    Richard Kaufmann, General Manager at Red Sands Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2021

Dear Elsa

It saddens me to see that you are still on a mission to try and destroy our name and reputation. You are clearly upset by the way things turned out and I can just imagine how embarrassing it must have been for us to cancel your booking.

We were fully booked the night before and we will certainly try to give our guests a clean and sanitised bedroom if and as soon as it becomes available - early check-in is not guaranteed but we assist as soon as we can.
    So to set the record straight, your story is missing some information, and my front desk staff only responded the best they could to your apparent rudeness upon check-in. They only offered you a possible refund because of the rude and unreasonable way you reacted and went about that the room was not yet ready. We have a lot of grace for unhappy guests when we slip up but also cannot allow our staff to be bullied when they are not fault.

It was decided by management to rather cancel your upcoming return booking in an attempt to stand up for our staff and to avoid this happening again. I hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me for my decision, it was not aimed at you personally.