“First time bravo, second time not so good”
Review of Farmer s House

Farmer s House
Cuisines: Greek, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

We have visited this restaurant few years before several times so we know the place. This week at the first time we visited was perfect; they still have the best stuffed wine leaves ever and the serving was fonderful. Second time we tryed order meze plate without meat, changing meatbols and sosages to something else from their list, and it was impossible. So we left and went another taverna.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Visited here with family and we’ve had pizzas and pastas. Everybody was satisfied and we left with full stomaches! Nice price and quality. Nice complementaries from the house after dinner. Good service!

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We walked into Farmers House around 11pm, wary and famished from a day of traveling. We had read the reviews here and decided to give it a try. We are so glad we did.

I asked one of the owners "Are you open? Will you feed us?" She smiled and said "Of Course! We want you to eat!" After ordering our drinks and reviewing the menu, we realized we had no idea what we wanted. We were so hungry yet indecisive. The kind woman made suggestions and we went for it. I had the pork souvlaki and my wife had the lamb chops. In both cases the meat was fresh, perfectly cooked, juicy, and well seasoned. Each dish came with a fantastic homemade tzatziki, potatoes, and rice, and a slaw-styled salad.

Now pretty full, but craving something sweet, we asked which desert we should partake in. She responded immediately with "baklava!". Yes please. Oh man. Man oh man. As good as dinner was, this was amazing. Best Baklava iced ever eaten, and one of the 5 best deserts I've ever eaten. I've eaten exactly 3,726 deserts so I mean, that's high praise. Ok, I actually haven't counted. It's really, really good though.

We were treated like family from the minute we walked in and made it a point to come back a few days later before we left. If you want home style Greek food served by really nice people for an exceptional vale, stop looking! You've found it!

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We were out and about looking at the different beaches in the area and found this restaurant. We had read the reviews so we thought we give it a try and glad we did, I ordered a pork chop with trimmings my wife ordered a pork souvlaki, both were well cooked very tasty we also ordered a large beer and a glass of white wine and a bottle of water, prices very reasonable. We finished our meal and asked for the bill we were given a plate of grapes a small pear and a plum and small bottle of raki,the fruits were absolutely lovely as was the meal. We said we would go back and we did a few days later for Sunday lunch this time we had both had chicken souvlakis with potatoes and salad,cooked freshly, really good really nice. Again a lovely meal. A plate of grapes and a small bottle of raki, a nice Sunday lunch. We went to a different restaurant a few days later on our last night which was not as good and we wished we had gone back to the Farmers House Restaurant instead.

1  Thank CHARLES H
Reviewed 6 October 2017

While on a break in Chania last week my wife and I went to eat at the "Farmers House" , we were not disappointed, service, food, wine and hospitality was top class.
We had dolmades (Vine leaves) with avocado salad for starters.
I had Octopus with little fried potatoes and salad and my wife had Mousaka (very filling) all cooked to perfection, we were given complimentary fresh fruit and Raki ( A Greek drink).
We will be back, keep up the good work.
John Norris Galway Ireland