All reviews fish one night evening meal another guest south uist great hospitality comfortable bed self catering other guests first class outer hebrides eco pod spent days fiona guesthouse angling lochs
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Regretfully, we were only able to stay one night but is was awesome. The place was spotless, the hosts were friendly and helpful, and the food was to die for. Thankfully we had pre-booked our dinner here, as it was the best dinner of our whole trip. And breakfast was outstanding, too. We would gladly stay here again when in the area, and highly recommend it.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2018

I stayed here for my daughter's friend's 18th birthday and the service was amazing! Excellent hosts, excellent service, I honestly cannot recommend this enough. Not to mention the gorgeous views and beaches (and the lochs literally steps from the b&b!) absolutely amazing.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

I had an excellent week’s stay at the Angler’s Retreat. The Eco Pod was extremely comfortable and convenient and quite a revelation !

Gary arranged a really good fishing schedule on both the club and estate lochs, together with ghillies, which worked well. The fishing was very productive with a number of quality wild brown trout together with a few “ones that got away”. Gary and Fiona were great hosts and the breakfasts and dinners were delicious.

All in all, a very enjoyable trip and I am already looking forward to my next visit to South Uist and the Angler’s Retreat.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We are a family of four and stayed in the wonderful Eco pod which was very comfortable. We also ha a night in the guesthouse and sampled a great breakfast. Garry and Fiona could not have been more helpful and friendly, welcoming us from our late ferry crossing. We will be back !

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2018

My wife and I are just back from a cycle tour of the Hebrides and our second night was spent at The Angler's Retreat
Gary and Fiona could not be more welcoming to their lovely guesthouse
We were met with a pot of tea on arrival in the very comfortable guest lounge which has a TV with full Sky package. Our ensuite room was really nice with a lovely wet room shower and a really comfortable bed.
Evening meal was outstanding second to none on our trip, breakfast was much the same.
It would have been nice to stay longer a real Gem which I'm glad we found and Gary and Fiona are perfect hosts a really nice experience.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple