All reviews fish one night south uist wild brown trout excellent hosts comfortable bed ensuite room a great week evening meal outer hebrides comfortable guest lounge welcoming stay local knowledge another guest food was lovely porridge walk in shower
Reviewed 12 June 2018

The Anglers Retreat has modern and comfortable accommodation.
Gary’s recommendations on places to visit and fish were excellent as was Fiona’s cooking. We saw Otter, breeding waders , heard Corncrake and also had fun trout fishing, Gary is a knowledgable and experienced fishing guide -it's an anglers dream. I still dream about Fiona’s desserts. There are fantastic beaches too. Visit the museum in Kildonan for a sense of the history and culture of Uibhist a Deas.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2018

This is a delightful place to stay. I particularly liked that we had use of a lounge area. The bedroom was spacious and well appointed. You can also have a home cooked dinner if you book it. The self-contained area for guests makes one feel at home and allows privacy. The hospitality was generous and the company really good.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2018

I’ve just returned from a memorable fishing trip based at The Anglers Retreat.
The accommodation was excellent. The food was delicious, varied, and plenty of it. The ambiance at mealtimes when I was there was terrific.
It was a perfect base for fishing. Gary was helpful and knowledgable giving guidance and tuition (when required) whilst keeping me updated as to how the lochs in the area were fishing.
I will definitely return.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

We were cycling Hebridean Way and stayed one night with Gary and Fiona. Great hospitality and breakfast and evening meal were delicious.

Really great social evening eating home cooked meal with other guests.

Highly recommended.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 968Couple
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Just back from my 7th visit to South Uist in the last 5 years. Many other reviewers have said what a great place to stay the Anglers is. As much as I agree with them all,it’s the fishing that makes me drive 500 milee there and back usually twice a year. I am sure that I have only scratched the surface of fishing opportunities on offer.
Gary goes much more than the extra mile to help any fisherman make the most of thier visit.
One word of warning fishing on Uist is addictive , at the end of your stay you will be planning your next visit.I was 65 and not fished for 50 years on my first visit , could hardly cast, with all he help I was given I still managed to land plenty of fish .
Gary spends as much of his free time fishing as possible ,it is his detailed knowledge of many of the lochs ,how they fish in different conditions that is invaluable.
Last week was wall to wall sunshine but I still managed to average about ten good fish a day ,many a pound or more.
If I can catch fish any half decent fly fisherman is sure to enjoy themselves, but be warned ,for sure you will want more.

Date of stay: May 2018