“Beautiful”
other travellers have booked this property
Solar heated pool with amazing sea views
Chill out salon Pool to main lounge
Check Availability
Pool to main lounge
Spacious lounge
Light and airy kitchen
Kitchen and breakfast bar
Kingsize bedroom by the pool
Master bedroom
Master bedroom suite
Shower / wet room
Entrance to Casa Volcan
Pool by night
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Sam H
Derby, United Kingdom
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 24 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

The most spectacular thing about Casa Volcan was the views over the Northern part of the Island and Arrieta (the local village/town). The peace and quite in the evenings was lovely and I'm sure most of the noise came from our family.
On arrival we were greeted by Josh who made us feel very welcome with a glass of Cava for our journey to the villa which made us feel very spoilt.
The villa is perfect for large groups as there is plenty of space inside and out. My 3 boys aged 3 and 10 absolutely loved all the different levels and thought it was the best place to play hide and seek. The Villa is tiled throughout and has a few stairs leading from room to room so wouldn't recommend it for families with toddlers or babies just learning to walk.
Casa Volcan is a unique villa which has been developed to a very high standard, each room was clean and well presented especially the master bedroom, this was fantastic.
The Island of Lanzarote is only small so using the hire car provided by Lanzarote Retreats we were able to explore the rest of the island very easily, making the most of our 1 week stay.
Finally I would like to say a special thank you to the team for helping me with my sons accident it was a very worrying time for us. Unfortunately I didn't get the Spanish gentleman's name who went out of his way to take us to hospital so please pass on our thanks, we were so grateful.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool and open space
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Large groups
24 May 2016
Thank you so much for this wonderful review, we deeply appreciate it. We are very pleased to know that you and your family loved Casa Volcan so much and it's great that you took advantage of the hybrid car and managed to explore Lanzarote. Also, thank you so much for the lovely words to our staff, we all hope your son feels better and that he already wishes to go back to the island. It was very nice meeting you and your family and we look forward to welcome you back soon!
Ro K
“Great villa, great location, wonderful owners and staff”
Reviewed 1 March 2016 for a stay in January 2016

The villa really offers you everything you can think of. Not only that there was a welcome pack (Prosecco :), crisps, coffee, tea, milk), detailed and accurate information on nearby attractions/recommended places to eat, there was also a small gym with enough equipment to break a sweat, table tennis, TV with a variety of pre-recorded films and shows available (at least 50 films to choose from, quite a few recent ones), board games and of course the hybrid car that is included in price. It was really easy and fun to drive around exploring the island as there was no traffic and the roads were in perfect condition surrounded by huge mountains.

The interior design of the villa is unique, modern and feels luxurious. Every room was different and interesting in its own way. Quite a few interesting paintings and unique pieces of furniture. The pool is of a good size and the seating area by the pool was our favourite place to spend our evenings overlooking the ocean, mountains and the nearby town. Also the view was even more amazing in the evening with stars appearing to be closer and brighter than ever; also in the evening there were no street lights on the main roads which made the cars look actually spectacular as they appeared with the lights on from behind the mountains driving down curvy roads.

We also drove to nearby beaches, which probably took us 5-10 minutes. There is a beach nearby, but if you want something more special it is really easy to find.

We were really well looked after and felt that whatever we needed we just had to let someone know about it and it would be done. Being picked up and dropped off at the airport also made sure that the holiday started and finished stress free.

Thanks everyone. We were really made to feel very welcome :)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The layout and style of the villa, location, nearby restaurants
Liked least: Can not think of anything :)
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Large groups
2 Mar 2016
What a fantastic review Renata. We are really happy that you not only enjoyed the holiday but also the property as well. It is difficult for us to get across how lovely this property is and how amazing the views are but you have explained this in a lovely way. Thank you again! Lets hope we see you again sometime in the near future.
Best wishes
Stephanie
WidTheVik...
Northampton, United Kingdom
“All Bond, no Baddies”
Reviewed 18 February 2016 for a stay in December 2015

As I sit around the pool, dry Martini in hand – neither shaken or stirred (Me nor the drink) it occurs to me that this is in fact, the life.

Sun beating down on me, on Casa Volcan, I am living the life of Mr Bond without a baddy or third nipple in sight (Scaramanga reference for fans like me). And on the wide, wide vista in front of me I spy white sail boats on aqua blue sea glistening, whilst I summon the energy to look up from my book (latest mission) and dip my foot in the refreshing pool. If I had the inclination I could easily head down into the quaint village of Arrieta to sample one of their many (excellent restaurants) but today I’ll keep a low profile, otherwise surely I’d risk blowing my cover?

Casa Volcan is the ultimate luxurious existence, without the need to break an international bank. No plans for world domination here, I am relaxed, well fed and watered and even better than that, family and friends are happy.

OK some fantasy involved here, but during our stay, my family (5 of us – including 15 year old son, 11 year old daughter and 59 year old Mother in Law) and 2 x couples we’ve had a ball in our new arrangement.

I’ve stayed in many of Tila and Michelle’s fantastic accommodations before, from Yurts to Cottages, and so I knew they’d make every effort to look after me and mine. There is always a hybrid car included in the rental to explore my favourite island with, and a never-ending (Quality list) of places to eat and drink. But I have to say, such is the size and quality of Casa Volcan that it’s tempting to stay put and take advantage of the facilities.

I will mention that the Huge house has 6 bedrooms, and can accommodate 13 people. Well appointed “everything” means that Lanzarote Retreats version of “Q” has been at work and every mod con is available so you can expect to be home from home, but perhaps on a grander scale than you are used to.

But the really special “Hollywood” appeal of Casa Volcan is the privacy that everyone gets in such a spacious Casa. We could all be on separate holidays in the same place if it weren’t for that fact that we all have to eat at some point, and actually we like each other enough to spend time with each other anyway. So that fact that “M” (Mother in law) is here isn’t too much of a distraction whilst my Bond Girl and I reacquaint ourselves with each other.

Aside from the pool, the master bedroom my absolute favourite part of the house is the communal dining area, which on a warm Lanzarotian evening is just a great venue to eat drink and be merry. Tila and Michelle have brought some amazing furniture across from Indonesia which gives a really nice touch to the otherwise modern Casa.

As with other reviews I’ve written about Lanzarote Retreats accommodation, the island is a gem and the location of Casa Volcan makes it ideal for Friends, Families, Foodies, Sports enthusiasts (Cycling/Windsurfing/Sailing) or International Playboys like me. Put simply, book it as soon as you can, after all you only live once (twice actually)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: We were so looked after by our hosts
Liked least: I had to wash myself (no hand maidens)
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
19 Feb 2016
Thank you Jason, what an impression review this is. It definitely gives everyone an idea on the atmosphere an activities that you can get involved in whilst enjoying your stay. We are so glad that you loved the property and the island and hope to see you again soon.
Best Wishes
Stephanie
catherine...
London
“The perfect villa for teenagers. The most chilled, perfect villa we have ever stayed in as a family.”
Reviewed 27 January 2016 for a stay in August 2015

We have stayed in the Braddock family's yurts before down the hill at the finca, and just adore this place. But as my kids got older, we wanted to still enjoy this perfect location, but have a bit more space to ourselves, and the Casa Volcan did the trick. And some. A stunning design, it is one of those houses that made me feel as if I wish I lived here all year round. Especially the main bedroom. AMAZING! Being a single Mum there did feel like a bit of a waste, however, it is such a romantic room! With views out to the mountains and also to the sea, the sunsets and rises were so stunning, I hardly left the roof terrace. As my teenagers slept in, I went off for morning runs across the offroad tracks just beside the villa which led down to the sea, The perfect circuit at sunrise. Then dip in the pool before breakfast. Love the nearby Haria Market, the nearby shops and of course, the beach at Arrietta which is just always our favourite. My kids' favourite thing in the world is to swim out to the pier, jump off and swim back to shore. Again and again and again. And that's what we hope to do with Casa Volcan as well. Go again and again and again. And i must confess, I love it so much, I almost don't want to review it, because I want to pretend it is mine, and not share it at all. It is that sort of place. Go enjoy.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The design, the proximity to the beach, the peace.
Liked least: Having to leave, and that it isn't all mine!
Travelling group: Teenagers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Andrew J
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Sun and Cycling Sensation”
Reviewed 20 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

We are a family that likes being together but not in each other’s pocket and Casa Volcan gave us exactly what we were looking for. Every morning we were greeted by the sun rising through the panoramic window of the Master bedroom, we felt so lucky as it put a wonderful smile on my face and reminded us it was still dark and raining back home. The house is well organised so the kids can have their own bedrooms in the lower area of the house or you can be right next to each other (depending on the size of your family or party).We opted for the split arrangement but the house has a dining area that joins the two sections, so we had breakfast together every morning in the sun, to set the day off. The purpose for our holiday was to get the sun and burn off some of the Christmas excess. I am a keen cyclist and the house is at the cross roads of some of the most stunning and challenging(if you want them to be) routes I have ever ridden. To the right, Tabayesco and the amazing mountain climbs over extinct volcano's and the West of the Island. Turn left and within 800 metres you were alongside the beach and the coast road linking the North and South of the Island. Cycling on the Island is very popular and there are routes to suit any standard of cyclist. Also, the roads are so much quieter and cycle friendly than at home. The rest of the family wanted to surf a little, run in the mornings and then worship the sun. The house allows for all of this on site with a fabulous pool and sun deck area or a 10 minute walk to the local beach and beach bar. We did a bit of both, but, we also drove over to the other side of the Island (Half hour) to visit the more challenging surf beach of Famara and watch the Sun set over extinct Volcano's..WOW!
In the evening our broadband community members chilled out for an hour or so before we either had a family meal or barbecue in the house or visited one of the excellent local restaurants which are located within walking distance or a very short drive. Either way, we were all in bed by 10ish. The location of this facility in the North of the Island gave us a modern, well equipped and superbly located hub for a holiday that suited the needs of all the family members. Very Impressed and ready for more.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing