“Came with co-workers.”

Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Nutana
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Cold. Slow. Waitress seemed disoriented and confused. Don't recommend for lunch, you need at least 2 hours at this place.
Not impressed

Jonathan Y, Area Manager at Original Joe's, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Hello,

I’m so sorry to hear about your poor experience. I appreciate all forms of feedback as it’s the best way I have of knowing how we are doing taking care of our customers. Can you please email me at jyaffe@franworks.com with your contact information so I can follow up further?

Thanks,

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Wifey the boy and I went for a bite to eat when we ran out of wood in our home reno.

Original Joe's was suggested and I reluctantly agreed. Only because the music is always way to pound and the echo hurts the ears.

Ordered the lasagna, asked for them to put cheese on the garlic toast.

The meal was okay, nothing really over overall the top. The sauce was a bit different, just not my cup of tea.

The sliver or garlic toast was terrible , they grabbed an old stale piece and tried to dolls it up with a bit of cheese. It was neither garlicy, or overly cheesy.

Wifey enjoyed her wrap and the boy had the mushroom burger special. They enjoyed the meals okay, noting over the top for sure.

The service was exceptional. The young lady that served us was attentive with a sense of humor.

There are some fantastic meals at OJs, it is to bad this was not one of them.

Mark

Reviewed 11 November 2017

I came here for lunch and was with a small group. The meal that I ordered did not impress me at all. It had been the worse beef dip I ever had in my life. The girl was friendly and only said sorry.

Jonathan Y, Area Manager at Original Joe's, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Hi Boomer,

I'm disappointed to hear about your recent visit to our 8th street location. The beef dip is one of the menu items I'm most proud of. We roast and slice our own AAA Sterling Beef roast and make our Au Jus and sauce from scratch. We really made a big mistake if it was so bad. I will be following up with the chef and his team today. I'd like the chance to follow up with you personally and get some more information and to win you back. If you'd like please email me at jyaffe@franworks.com.

Thanks for the feedback,

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

My wife, myself & a friend of ours we're in Saskatoon last week & found ourselves needing to find a place for lunch. We found OJ's on our GPS & figured there'd be something good there to satisfy our hunger. I had the Grilled Cheese Burger/fries while my wife & our friend shared the Turkey Wrap & fries. The restaurant wasn't busy so our orders came out pretty fast. We all found the food to be very tasty. The Grilled Cheese Burger was one of the best restaurant burgers I've had in a long time. Hopefully all OJ's have the same good service & food as the location in Saskatoon because I'm looking forward to going to the Regina Original Joe's sometime soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Chicken wings were very good, mac and cheese was runny and bland and the noodle bowl came out wrong the first time and wasn't very good when it did come out ate about half of it as it was bland.

Jonathan Y, Area Manager Saskatchewan at Original Joe's, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Hi Kelly,

I'm so sorry to hear about your disappointing experience at our OJ's on 8th Street. Not only wasn't your food up to standard but we also failed to identify this properly when you were in and fix it correctly. We recently made changes to the Mac and Cheese, and the Noodle Bowl recipes to make them better. These changes occurred shortly before your visit. The kitchen was not making these items correctly if they were bland, and if Mac and Cheese was running. I have followed up with my managers to ensure all our cooks are re-trained to execute these item correctly in the preparation and cooking stages. I'd like a chance to make this up to you and have you give us another chance. If you'd like to take me up on this offer please email me at jyaffe@franworks.coom and we can work something out.

Thank you for you feedback and I hope to hear from you soon,