US$110
US$71
  • Room Service
US$91
Bella Vista Inn(Humboldt)
All reviewswalker bayotter lakefishing tripnext yearpontoon boatnorthern saskatchewanenjoyed our staydock staffgreat fishingfire pitshore lunchesrecommend this resortfriendly servicefamily fishinggo fishingfull kitchenlook forward
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I can’t say enough about how amazing Thompson’s Camp was during our stay! The staff was perfect and hospitable, the cabin was clean and well maintained. The food was delicious and of course the views were heavenly!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ThompsonsCamps, Manager at Thompson's Camps, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us, we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass on your kind words to our staff, it will be greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Heard about Thompson Camps from a family member . He had been twice and had nothing but good to say about the experience . Our group of 4 all were in agreement of his opinion . Will definitely be booking again .

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ThompsonsCamps, Manager at Thompson's Camps, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I felt that we did a great deal of work to set up the fly in experience. We had to wait for the motors and gas before we could take off. once at the lake we had to carry the motors and gas to the boats, unlock and flip over the boats, launch the boats, install the motors and gas... then we had to bring all the motors and gas home. It was a lot of work considering that we paid $750 for the use of the boats.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ThompsonsCamps, Manager at Thompson's Camps, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. Please contact me via email or telephone as I would love to discuss this with you further. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Booked in Oct.2017! Asked for a Walker Bay cabin that accommodates 8 adults and a 12 year old boy! Crystal sent back confirmation through the email for two adults! So I phoned three more times before we came up to make sure she understood that 9 were coming to stay in one cabin! Each time I was told that she took that into consideration and that is why she provided us with this cabin because it had a queen bed on the main floor, a double upstairs, a bunk bed , single and a hide a bed on the landing! To me that sleeps 9. Do the math. Then we get a call after I ask for four more towels so my company can shower and Crystal’s husband tells me around ten on monday night that two adults will have to be moved to another cabin! I do not think so after having phoned you guys four times and you arranged it this way! Plus we had two rolls of toilet paper, two black garbage bags , a third of a bottle of dish soap, your floors weren’t swept, the fireplace was an ornament,and my friends and family that I brought up to impress were impressed with the beauty of God’s creation, but not with the way you handled your business. My husband and I have been coming up once or twice a year for the past 23 years and the last two years have been the worst! Prior we have stayed in the lakeshore unit and the campground and have been very pleased when Leo and Sherri ran the trading post and Mr. Thompson - your camps! But now we feel let down and this is why you did not get a tip this year! If you would have handled your job professionally you would have received a very nice tip from four families. As I can remember I tipped your staff $ 220.00 after a 5 night real bad experience in the Lake Shore units. But, you kind of ruined our trip when some in our party travelled from Grande Forks, North Dakota ect. And then you phoned and tried to split us up after confirming four times with me the number that would be staying in that cabin. Plus my friends hear that Mr. Thompson also knew about us - you know the nine people staying in Walker Bay cabin # 6! Ah, sorry but I wasn’t the one who made the mistake in the first place! You should know how to run your own business and communicate between a husband and wife!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ThompsonsCamps, Manager at Thompson's Camps, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am sorry that you felt that your stay was ruined and that you could have found better accommodations somewhere for $50 per person per night. On your past lakeshore visit you were upgraded to this unit for less than that. None of your party was moved to another unit and more supplies of any kind can be brought to you at any time. Mr. Thompson also has cabins available in town for rent still, I am sure he would love to hear from you. I will pass on your kind words to Leo and Sherri. Hopefully your next visit to Missinipe will be much better, thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

boats need to have seats. we brought our own so was ok but if the boats had seats it would be that much less we had to bring. we lost water once but a call to Ron fixed that. that needs to be covered in the initial briefing with future users. we are capable of fixing most problems with the motors if something comes up but there are no tools available to do so

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I love the idea of a small tool kit. I will share your request for boat seats during our budgeting meeting this fall. Thank you for your booking and we hope to see you again in the future.