“Unique food at inexpensive prices.”
Review of La Buche

La Buche
Ranked #70 of 1 546 Restaurants in Quebec City
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The deconstructed Shepard’s pie is not to be missed as well as make sure to try the maple syrup on a stick. We loved the atmosphere and food and it is truly a local’s restaurant.

1  Thank barbarapV7779ZC
Write a ReviewReviews (1 230)

20 - 24 of 1 230 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We came to Quebec during the St. Jean-Baptiste weekend. We didn't know we'd planned our trip during a major holiday, and didn't know things were going to be packed. We hadn't planned anything - we'd just expected to stumble into restaurants and bars. Whelp, knowing we'd probably wind up starving, we asked the lovely concierge at the Hilton to reserve something for us. I have to say, I didn't expect much. I really thought whatever he'd find a few hours before going out was going to be a tourist trap. I was wrong! We sat at the bar and had a wonderful meal. The food was delicious, innovative, and exotic (for us). Country comfort food, with a French inflection. I actually felt guilty for assuming it was going to be bad. I'd go back there in a heartbeat.

1  Thank LovetoMove
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a neat little spot in old city. Rustic theme, service was good, servers were very nice. Had drinks and dessert, pricey for what you get. Dinks were weak, but ok.
Had their maple pie, wow! This was amazing, almost too much for two of us to eat!
Overall good spot.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We wanted authentic cuisine for a large and diverse wedding party of 14, and this was the perfect choice. The staff accommodated our large group easily, and food was delivered all at the same time, not an easy task! Everyone had a wide variety of items available, but in particular the Shepherd's Pie, Bison, and, of course, the Poutine! One member of the party did not eat meat and had a bit of a hard time finding something to eat, but was thrilled with a lovely green salad and onion soup, even though it was served with a large bone! Everyone had a good laugh! Thoroughly enjoyable on all levels!

1  Thank Layle C
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I ate here twice on my recent trip to Quebec City. The first meal was a "3 mustard
pork chop" which was beyond excellent, exp. the sauce. Served with freshly
made mashed potatoes and steamed kale, red onion, carrot strips. Delicious!!
The next meal was salmon (not one of my favorite meats) on a pastry shell served
with a cream sauce and the same steamed vegetables. Again, a wonderful meal.
The service is first class, the food superior. Eat in the outside patio for a more quiet
experience.