Hotel de Glace
US$211
US$162
US$166
  • Breakfast included
Auberge Aux Deux Lions(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$92
Hotel Chateau Bellevue(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$110
  • Fitness centre
US$287
US$191
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Clarendon(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$166
Travelocity
US$295
US$275
  • Restaurant
All reviewssleeping bagice slideice hotelonce in a lifetimeice sculpturesbucket listovernight guestsstay warmhot tubthemed roomslong underwearsnow tubingice roomtheme suitetraining sessionwedding chapelbody temperature
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I didn't actually stay at the hotel, instead i visited on the 2nd to last day of the season during a day trip, and found it very interesting. I couldn't imagine actually spending the night on a slab of ice, but i was amazed by the detail and care that went into the decorations considering that the hotel would only be standing for few months. It was fun to see and i would recommend it as a visit

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The hotel made of Ice. Ice is cold. The website offers a pdf to look at and prepare to sleep in a hotel made of Ice. We also talked to Mark, an young Australian gentleman, who answered questions and addressed any concerns. The video to explain how to get in bed is entertaining and informative, a Must See! There is an Ice Chapel and frozen maple syrup on the grounds. There were couples and families of all ages staying the night. We enjoyed drinks in the Ice Bar in Ice Glasses. Save glasses for reduction on cost of the next one. The ice bar had an activity before bedtime where we carved our own ice sculpture. It was Fun and some people showed talent! The Ice Slide was fantastic! There are ice sculptures through-out. Before retiring for the night, we sat in the outside hot tube and spent a few minutes in the sauna to raise our core temperature. We had a room, number 423, that we could have gone to in the Valcartier resort if needed. Also they have a dormitory style room it you needed to move from the ice hotel. We were in Room 13 on 3/13. The room was called the Smoke and Mirrors Room. The room has a firebox in it. We had a fire that was lit at 12 and would burn for 45 minutes. The walls have carvings on them. This room was just a few feet away from a heated restroom. The bed is a pedestal or Ice with a mattress and you are provided a mummy bag style sleeping bag. We over dressed and work up the next morning very warm in the bags. Lesson learned, we know how to dress for next time! The Ice Hotel is the cold, we chose to make it a positive experience and recommend it to anyone who enjoys We hope someone from the resort reads this and can tell me know the name of the singer or the name of the song that Mark, the Aussie fellow, said made a video in the Smoke and Mirrors Room, #13.

Room Tip: We chose a room with a firebox, not all rooms off it.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 13 March 2018

What an experience, it was a very pricey experience but well worth it. We bought package, suite with fireplace, same night accomodation at Hotel Valcartier and accomodation at Hotel Laurier the following night. It was well worth to choose the suite, you will have ice carvings in the wall while the chamber room was only a bed and very plain room. I find it a bit overpriced if bought as a package, we were not interested in winter activities but it was part of package which only cost almost $100 for 2 passes, we have to pay parking at Hotel Laurier which I think should have been included since we paid a of total of $1132.00 cdn for 2 nights accomodations for the 3 hotels. I will not stay at ice hotel again but I highly recommend to experience this once in a
Ifetime adventure. The Cons: there was not much privacy as there was only a curtain door that anybody can open. The bottle of champagne that was included in the package was 200ml bottle only. There were few porty potty and you are lucky if youre room is close to one. The fireplace was lit up late. Pros, good service, someone in the bar until 12 to call ice hotel staff. Sleeping bag was clean and will really keep you warm. You can buy extra log for the fire place. There breakfast buffet available until 11am. There was light switch reachable from the bed. The floors were not slippery since staff rake it regularly.

Room Tip: Suite, fireplace is optional since it really does not generate heat but gives romantic ambiance
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2018

4 people who will be spreading word of mouth that the experience we had at your hotel was the worst experience we have ever had on any trip in our entire lives.
We drove 9 hours to visit your "Ice Hotel".

When we arrived, we found a beautiful hotel. But the lustre soon faded when we saw how packed it was, and seeing people walking around with no shoes on, changing in the lobby and brushing their teeth in the lobby it REALLY grossed us out. Not to mention the washrooms were unsanitary due to the mounds of people, and not enough cleaning staff to keep up.
So we tried to look past all of that, we checked in, and found out we could not access our room until 9PM and then we had to be out by 9AM for tours!! We got our passes for tubing (which we were unable to use because it was so overly packed!) We then found out we had NO area other than a small locker to store our items (we had 3 suitcases). After changing in a not-so-tidy washroom/change room area-WITH NO TOWELS to use, we got ready for our "ice hotel experience".
We went to our room, exhausted after the long drive, and found we had NO DOOR. There was also NO SECURITY, and we had people walking by, opening our curtain, a bar right down the hall playing loud music, and again, more people opening up our room curtain. Our beds were also not lined, it was a simple air mattress on ice (no wood or fur like they had mentioned before). We had 2 kids with us, and EVEN AFTER FOLLOWING YOUR DIRECTIONS TO STAY WARM your sleeping bags were not warm enough!! They were regular sleeping bags you could buy at any store-not warm enough for 8+ hours in minus temperatures.

At about 11 o'clock I headed to the main hotel, and explained my concerns to the front desk. We were offered a dormitory room to sleep in!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! $600 gets me a cheap bunk bed in a common area (where your staff also sleeps) for my family to sleep in?!?! That is deplorable, unacceptable and extremely insulting!!
We were then offered a room at a reduced rate, and your front desk said "well you are paying for the experience" REALLY?!?! THIS IS THE EXPERIENCE YOU ARE GIVING US??? It was the worst one ever!!!
We ended up paying for the hotel just so that our kids would not get sick and so we could get a good night's sleep.
At the end of the day-YOU ARE RIP OFF ARTISTS!!!

We spent $565 to spend the night. We spent another $150 in your dining area, plus souvenirs, plus an additional $150 on a hotel room.

Your apologies mean NOTHING if you are not going to provide adequate service or at LEAST refund us SOME of our expenses incurred for our horrible experience! Maybe you should do more than just "apologize" maybe you should actually make it right with your customers and take the time to make it a better experience for those who pay a great deal of money to visit your hotel. Shame on you all who just apologized, but did NOTHING to fix it!

I have NEVER EVER visited a place that I have spent that much money on that I didn't want to go back to. We spent less at other hotels and have received a MUCH better experience than the one you gave us! I could have popped a tent in my backyard and had a better "experience".

You have made 4 people who will tell EVERYONE including online social media NEVER to visit your hotel.

THANK YOU FOR RIPPING US OFF AND TOPPING OUR LIST OF PLACES TO NEVER GO AND FOR THE MOST HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE EVER.
PS-I will also be notifying the Quebec travel tourism board, about our experience. I hope you get a visit from the health department as well-it is clear to me they should be checking out how unsanitary your place is as well.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank chicweddingday
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I booked a basic package that included the room in the ice hotel only and wi-fi. I arrived at the hotel at approximately 11 am. The ice hotel itself is set on the same property as the Valcartier hotel. On arrival I was given access to the wi-fi, showering and bathroom facilities that are on the 2nd level of the Valcartier hotel and are specifically for the Ice hotel guests straight away and told there would be a briefing at 5pm. I went to the area for the briefing and it was quite a simple briefing; how to sleep in your sleeping bag whilst in the room, what to wear and the times you have access to your room. We were told that our sleeping bags will be in our room from 9pm onwards and that there will be a wake-up call at 8am and a final wake up call at 815am. This was due to the fact the general public can purchase ticket to come and view the rooms between 9am – 8pm. At the briefing you are also told there will be a trivia game at the bar in the ice hotel at 920 pm and an ice sculpting activity at 950 pm but they are completely voluntary and if you were tired you could go straight to bed. There are 2 port-a-loos outside at the back of the ice hotel if you need to go to the bathroom during the night, but at -23 degrees Celsius temperatures, it is a good idea to walk back to the Valcartier hotel and use the indoor facilities.
The rooms were finally made available to us at approximately 10pm. I went straight to my room and got into my sleeping bag and fell asleep. Throughout the briefing it was mentioned several times that if you are unable to cope in the room with the temperatures, there are alternative options, simply speak to the staff. I had no problems sleeping in the room and in fact had to be woken up twice to leave the room.

Overall I was comfortable, but I do think the price is extreme for what is included, maybe give a meal voucher at least?

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo