“Amazing soft serve ice cream dipped in your choice of hard shells ”

Chocolato rue Saint-Jean
Ranked #25 of 1 580 Restaurants in Quebec City
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

In a word- wow!

I was prepared to say- it’s fine but I don’t know what the fuss is about. Especially when I arrived and there was a line twenty deep on a Wednesday night. I’m not a huge fan of soft serve ice cream but this was the most luscious, creamy, dense, delicious soft serve and I got it dipped in dark chocolate which was also amazing. Loved the fact that you could get a teeny-tiny cone up to the giant size. The woman who helped was very nice as well. If you are in Quebec City it is worth going out of the way to have some of this deliciousness.

G-Blanchette, Propriétaire at Chocolato rue Saint-Jean, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Hello :D thank you so much for leaving this review!! We're so glad you liked your experience with us!
Come back soon :)

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I don't understand the fascination with dipped ice cream cones in this town and province. You can't swing a cat...but I'm total convert. There was so much good looking chocolate in this place, I I I didn't know what to do. I did have to leave and come back. I ended up having a sundae royale with lots of good stuff that ended up all over my face and hands. It was a total wonderful, fantastic yummy experience. I really miss this place. Go early and often.

2  Thank DAuntDeb

Hello :) We are so happy that you loved our products!
Come visit us soon ;)

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Wonderful dipped ice cream and wish it was back in the US. Best dipped cones ever with great flavors. Got something nearly every day we were in Quebec.

Hi Marc, since customer satisfaction is our priority, we're so glad that you liked your experience at Chocolato :D!
Have a nice day!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

OK, I thought I died and went to heaven when I first visited Chocolato. First of all, it's in the heart of one of the busiest tourist areas so you have no excuse not to stop in. I live here and make a point of it so that's an indication of how good it is. Once there, take in the full range of offerings - ice cream, the assortment of molten chocolates, sundaes, drinks and candy before making your choice. For me it was, and always will be, la crème glacée trompée dans le chocolat noir (ice cream dipped in dark chocolate for those of you who don't speak French). Seriously, what would go down better on a summer afternoon? When you get to rue Saint-Jean, don't pass up Chocolato! You won't regret it - unless of course you order a large cone.

Hi Joseph, thank you so much for the review :D It's a pleasure to read you!
Can't wait to serve you again soon :)

Reviewed 11 June 2018

The ice cream and other selections were very nice. We enjoyed the variety of selections ordered and definitely would visit again.

Hi, thank you for leaving this review :D! Come visit us again :)