“Fabulous culinary experience”
Review of Europea

Europea
Reserve with OpenTable
Europea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 6 134 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: Sainte Catherine
Transit: Metro Peel on the green line
Description: Restaurant Europea has become an essential spot on Montreal scene, a gastronomic "rendez-vous" rich in colour and flavour. Flattered by all the gourmet critics, you will share an outstanding experience offered by the creative and modern cuisine of Chef Jerome ferrer and his 22 chefs team. (named chef of the year, restaurant of the year, "maitre cuisinier de France" An unforgetable moment in a charming Victorian mansion in the heart of downtown Montreal ...When the cuisine becomes an art!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Simply spectacular - the food, the presentation, and the service all were exceptional. A memorable experience for all in our group - we meet and dine in great places, and the consensus was that dinner at Europea will be exceedingly difficult to top!

Write a ReviewReviews (2 670)

12 - 16 of 2 670 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was really looking forward to our experience at Europea and I am disappointed I had to give 3 stars, I really wanted to rate it a 5. This place is amazing and I will be back. The food is creative, presented playfully and top notch. We had the full tasting menu.

Our experience was not ideal due to one person the somellier. He was the one that greeted us after we were seated and when i mentionned that my wife had allergies his first reaction was a half-hearted acknolwedgement without asking for more info and he walked away. We ordered the higher end wine matching and asked for a single wine matching but to have it split into two as we wanted to share a single serving of each wine as i was driving. He rudely and categorically stated that this was not possible and left. I did not understand as we have done this across the world and never had issues sharing wine. He eventually came back and split the wine into two without saying another word. No details were given about the wines.

The service provided by the somellier was an insult to the rest of the fine team at Europea and it put a negative vibe on our 18th anniversary celebration.

I would indeed like to return some day and have a more positive experience.

1  Thank robotraveller2017
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

There are no ways to describe the experience that you will have at this restaurant. Expect tour every need to be catered to! Exquisite. The lobster dish is to DIE for!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A colleague and his wife were visiting and wanted to experience one of Montreal's best dining experiences. As vegetarians, my wife and I wanted to find a vegetarian place that was going to satisfy our friends' 5 star desires and our own eating preferences, and Europea did exactly that. Creative presentation, friendly but professional service, and some very tasty dishes ensured a great evening was had by all. If you are looking for an impressive (with prices to match) dining experience with vegetarian options, this is a contender.

2  Thank robertshea
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were taken to Europea for lunch recently and all I can say is, wow. The 4 course tasting menu was simply outstanding! Everything about the meal was wonderful; service, presentation, pacing, and of course the food itself. The servers were friendly and very knowledgeable but not intrusive. If you have the chance to go here, do it. You won’t be disappointed.